Life at Capgemini
Capgemini supports all aspects of your well-being throughout the changing stages of your life and career. For eligible employees, we offer:
- Collaborating with teams of creative, fun, and driven colleagues
- Flexible work options enabling time and location-based flexibility
- Company-provided home office equipment
- Virtual collaboration and productivity tools to enable hybrid teams
- Comprehensive benefits program (Health, Welfare, Retirement and Paid time off)
- Other perks and wellness benefits like discount programs, and gym/studio access.
- Paid Parental Leave and coaching, baby welcome gift, and family care/illness days
- Back-up childcare/elder care, childcare discounts, and subsidized virtual tutoring
- Tuition assistance and weekly hot skill development opportunities
- Experiential, high-impact learning series events
- Access to mental health resources and mindfulness programs
- Access to join Capgemini Employee Resource Groups around communities of interest
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get The Future You Want | www.capgemini.comDisclaimer
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in Canada must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in Canada by Capgemini.Name of the position:
Big Data EngineerReports to
: Team Lead/Delivery ManagerDepartment/Project
: EngineeringJob description:
As a Bigdata Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest social media platform which deals with a few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. You will contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in an aggressive, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, build, and implement the solutions for many technical challenges using innovative technologies, including building/improving Bigdata processing platform enabling work of software used by hundreds of millions of users.
- Acquires tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all collaborators.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set timeline and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and chips in to project plan of assigned area.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Developing standard methodologies for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Solving and optimizing data systems.
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data products
- Design, implement and maintain pipelines that produce business critical data reliably and efficiently using cloud technology
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raise red flags in crisis situations which are beyond responsibilities.
- Responsible for resolving crisis situations within responsibilities.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, builds code standards, conventions, and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to contribute to the product;
- Constantly improves their professional level.
- Collaborates with other teams.
- Proven experience as Bigdata Engineer.
- Proven Python and Java coding skill with 5+Years of experience.
- Established big-data systems experience in Hadoop, Spark/SparkSQL, HiveSQL
- Experience with large-scale graph data storage
- Strong OOP skills
- Effective communication (oral & written), collaboration, and communication skills
- Result oriented approach
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Airflow, Apache Atlas
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Kafka.