About Our Client
We are the global leader in e-commerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands’ End, Fanatics, UrbanStems, GoDaddy, Vistaprint and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that are using our solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2021 Series E raise of USD$325M, we're is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 19 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With annual revenues of more than US$200M and vibrant company culture, we have been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture?
Our engineering team builds best-in-class e-commerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which give engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the transaction moment for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
About The Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Data Scientist to lead our Marketplace efforts. We operate a robust marketplace connecting customers to relevant products and services across the world’s biggest e-commerce players, serving 1B transactions a year and growing 51% YoY. We’re constantly looking to develop this marketplace, especially as we expand into new verticals and markets, and we’re constantly innovating on the auction mechanics to ensure the best outcomes for our customers, advertisers, and partners. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader with the stats, econometrics, and modeling chops to own the health of this marketplace and lead our strategy for growing this.
You will be responsible for owning the health of our marketplace and driving its growth, including:
- Defining the metrics for tracking the health of our marketplace, and build tracking to monitor this
- Proactive analysis and modeling to identify opportunities to further develop the marketplace, including innovating and building cutting-edge auction mechanics / pricing
- Partnering closely with R&D and Sales stakeholders to develop the strategy for growing the marketplace, including the product roadmap and Sales programs to drive growth
- Conducting deep dives on marketplace impact to support high impact launches and Sales growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Math, or related fields.
- Strong academic or professional experience with the latest auction theory
- Entrepreneurial ownership and a deep desire to push the status quo
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Experience working with scaled marketplace and auction-driven businesses
- Strong analytical / modeling experience tied to business outcomes
- Good knowledge of Python 3 and SQL
- Applied use of visualization tools such as matplotlib, seaborn, tableau
- Experience with common Python data science libraries such as pandas, numpy and scipy
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL and/or SQL Server
- Force for Good.
- We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all of our staff as well as anyone else who will be onsite at the NYC office – clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers – to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town.
- Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community.
- We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career.
- Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break.
- When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy.
- Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC office is dog-friendly!
- Become a shareholder.
- Stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world!
- Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another office. We have cool offices in great cities - New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, Tokyo.
- Get the best of both worlds with a hybrid workplace.
- We currently work 3 days a week in office, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds (please note: this is subject to change based on the needs of the business and some support roles still require a full time presence). One week per quarter, you also have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We believe in equality.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
$160,000 - $225,000 / year
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.