MED-Buehler Center - BCHPE
The purpose of this position is to liaison between communities in Northern Illinois experiencing disproportionate risk of violent death and/or drug overdose death, county coroners and Medical Examiners, and the Illinois Violent Death Reporting System (IVDRS) and Statewide Unintentional Drug Overdose Reporting System (SUDORS) public health surveillance data systems. The Project Coordinator Sr. is responsible for a) engaging Coroners/Medical Examiners and Law Enforcement agencies to participate in the systems by contributing data, b) engaging community organizations in utilization of data including making presentations on data availability, facilitating data requests, and presenting data to local communities for use in intervention planning, implementation, and evaluation. The successful candidate will have solid understanding of public health approaches to violence and drug overdose prevention, have the capacity to translate data into terms easily understood by communities and have excellent communication and negotiation skills. This position is remote and will work out of Northern Illinois.
Some in state travel is required. Requires someone who can seek opportunities for partnership.
- Oversees & ensures that day-to-day operations are appropriately managed, efficient and effective.
- Develops, maintains & reports on quantitative and qualitative performance measures.
Communication, Outreach & Recruitment
- Identifies opportunities and strategies for short- and long-term growth & expansion.
- Creates & implements program/project brand identity and marketing & advertising strategy.
- Oversees marketing of new and current programs, working with partner institutions & media to ensure marketing plan effectively targets applicants, sponsors, etc.
- Ensures that all advertising and marketing materials accurately represent programs.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to implement changes designed to improve/increase program/project goals/objectives.
- Manages programming, educational, student, alumni, workshops, meetings, etc. including speakers, agendas, etc.
- Manages planning and arrangement of meetings, workshops, events, etc. designed to exchange information, promote research objectives, and to build internal and external relationships within NU.
- Manages event details including communication, venues, presenters, travel arrangements, materials, refreshments and technology are arranged and completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Researches competitor, and state-of-the art developments to enhance, improve, and innovate program curricula and delivery to better meet goals & objectives.
- Recruits, trains and assigns faculty/instructors to teach programs.
- Supervises creation of components, including curriculum development, lectures, conferences, seminars, support groups, etc.
- Manages relationships with partners, foundations, etc. and coordinates logistical support
- Continually assesses and innovates program/project to achieve educational goals.
- Develops strategy for program/project growth and expansion.
- Reviews plans, meets with leadership & key faculty & staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Knowledge of public health, violence prevention and overdose prevention strategies, community organizing.
- Ability to discourse and build trusting relationships with partners from diverse backgrounds
- 5+ years in violence prevention, community relations
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Public speaking, community partner knowledge, public health knowledge
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html to learn more.
Work-Life And Wellness
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/work-life/index.html to learn more. Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/learning/index.html to learn more.
Northwestern strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters for people who can obtain them as a critical tool for minimizing severe illness. More information can be found on the COVID-19 and Campus Updates webpage.The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.
Target hiring range for this position will be between $67,987-$72,000 per year or per hour. Offered salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.