Sr. Data Engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is looking for a full-time Sr. Data Engineer in our Life Sciences Solutions Group. This remote, non-IT role is part of a global team of business analysts that contribute to the overall growth of our Global Services and Support organization supporting the business intelligence strategy and related initiatives that deliver comprehensive, actionable data reporting and analysis.
Your strategic responsibilities will include building and expanding key foundational capabilities in Customer Support and Service delivery functions by building, enhancing, and supporting data ingestion pipelines, delta lakes and data warehouses across variety of infrastructure (both on-prim and cloud).
You’re good at:
- Collaborating with infrastructure and IT team to design, create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and data structures for Enterprise Data Platform
- Assemble and consolidate complex data sets from business and reporting systems such as SAP, Salesforce, E1, Genesys, Cloud for Service, Business Objects, Cognos/EDW
- Automating manual data acquisition processes and optimize data delivery
- Data integration in Apache Spark-based platform to ensure the technology solutions leverage cutting edge integration capabilities
- Developing customized SQL queries for database solutions & business ad hoc requests
- Data integration, data integrity to improve data fidelity for real time analytics
- Navigating and working independently in a large enterprise and distributed set up
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or related areas
- 7+ years of experience in data integration and pipeline development
- Experience of full cycle of AWS data Lake and Delta Lake implementation.
- 5+ years SQL experience - Extensive knowledge and vast experience with SQL Queries (various joins, correlated subqueries, knowledge of recursive queries)
- 3+ years of Experience with AWS Cloud on data integration with Apache Spark, Databricks, EMR, Glue, Kafka, and Lambda in S3, Athena Redshift, RDS, MongoDB/DynamoDB ecosystems.
- 5+ years of experience in Python development and common Python libraries
- Strong real-life experience in python development especially in pySpark in AWS Cloud environment.
- Experience in Databricks Platform is a must.
- Experience working with structure like Parquet, Avro, etc. to speed up analytics.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience in effectively presenting and summarizing complex data to diverse audiences through visualizations and other means
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong leadership capabilities
- High energy level with ability to embrace and model the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
You may also have:
- Experience in Life Science and or Service organization
- Experience with Data mining, Data science and Predictive analytics
- Experience working with visualization tool such as Microsoft Power BI
5 reasons you’ll want to work at Thermo Fisher Scientific:
What you do every day will be meaningful You’ll have the opportunity to define your path You’ll work with purpose You can share our passion for doing things the right way You’ll be able to realize your best
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. Each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.