Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Data Scientist Manager in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for successful delivery of large-scale high-quality solutions that use AI and ML technologies that delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide.
You will provide leadership and support to data science teams by understanding the outcomes the solution is trying to achieve, the data implications and complexity surrounding you and your teams' designs and helping teams make the right decisions.
You’ll work with senior stakeholders to agree data architectural principles, strategic direction and functional and non-functional designs.
As a technical leader, you will work with your colleagues to inform development of policy and standards, develop customer relationships, account management and share knowledge and mentor those around you. You’ll do this whilst advising about new technologies and approaches to data, with room to learn, develop and grow.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience of being responsible for different sizes and shapes of production data delivery challenges, e.g. AI/ML service, multi-team programme, data platform, complex data migration.
- Able to simplify and clearly communicate machine learning model design in conversation, documentation and presentations to non-data scientists.
- Able to lead the development of machine learning models, data storage and data processing to support AI/ML solutions.
- Proven experience in cleansing, filtering and re-factoring complex data from different sources (including non-traditional data sources).
- Able to prioritise their time across activities particularly when working to deadlines.
- Input into the development of new AI Practice offerings.
- Understands whole solution architecture concepts and can communicate and negotiate these with senior stakeholders.
- Can prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and has experience incorporating these into the application design.
- Has a mathematics / data science background, allowing effective communication with and leadership of data scientists.
- Experience of improvement of process, people and use of technology.
- Has significant hands on experience with public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Experience mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community.
- Can communicate effectively with C-level stakeholders.
- Understands commercial implications of design decisions
- We are passionate about developing people – a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing junior members of your team and wider community.
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
- Has participated in technology communities.
- Experience of Deep Learning Architectures (e.g. MLP, RNN, CNN)
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).