Location: Pittsburgh, PA
A SQL Data Analyst at RareMed Solutions will provide strategic and tactical support to the Analytics team and will report directly to the Manager of Data and Analytics. The SQL Analyst will work to develop and distribute reports on a scheduled basis both internally and externally. In addition, the SQL Analyst will work with external partners to collect and load data into the RareMed data warehouse, create data visualizations, and collaborate with other departments to provide reports and data driven services.
- Developing and maintaining queries, stored procedures, views, and other scripts as necessary to generate data and reports
- Utilizing SSIS to generate packages that will clean and import data from external sources as well as export data
- Independently perform root-cause analysis to identify and resolve issues quickly
- Identifying key trends and reports for RareMed management and external partners to drive key decisions
- Working with management team to define and collect data needed for specific departments and for contractual obligations
- Working with management to format internal data into dashboards for use externally
- Utilizing scheduling software as well as Windows Task Scheduler to ensure automated processes run consistently and on schedule
- Creating and editing dashboards and visualizations with Tableau
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 – 3 years of hands-on experience in a SQL based environment
- Proficient at writing and creating efficient queries, views, tables, and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of advanced concepts in relational database management
- Capacity to quickly familiarize themselves with new software and technologies
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to manage data in a high paced environment
- Advanced Excel knowledge, including Pivot Tables, Advanced Charts/Graphs, VBA
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts and batch files to move/manipulate files as needed
- Prior experience with report generating technologies (SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Experience documenting and explaining technical processes for a non-technical audience
- Experience with Tableau software
- Previous pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience
This job operates in both a remote (work from home) and professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of the job.