About Good Eggs
Good Eggs is the simplest way to feed your family, all week long. We’re an online grocery delivery service based in the Bay Area, offering absurdly fresh local produce, easy weeknight meal kits, everyday staples, and wine, beer, and spirits — everything you want and everything you need, delivered to your door.
We believe in:
- The positive impact of good food on our families, our community, and our environment.
- Sourcing local so there's less time and distance between the farm and your fridge.
- Investing in local foodmakers’ businesses as we grow ours.
- Paying our employees a living wage and working with producers who do the same.
We’ve focused on growing authentically, with our roots in the community and producers we serve, to create a healthy, sustainable business. Check out our blog to learn more.
Good Eggs is privately owned, and investors include Benchmark, Index Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and others.About the Role
As a Senior Data Analyst, you’ll collaborate with a passionate team of engineers, analysts, and data scientists to own the design, execution, and ongoing support of critical data warehousing projects enabling accurate reporting and advanced analytics.
Our business model brings up diverse and interesting challenges in areas like marketing and purchasing of perishable or limited availability goods, customer buying patterns, personalization, and retention, and logistics strategies for our fulfillment centers. You’ll build effective dashboards and data visualizations to support the understanding of key business metrics in these domains as well as take a business intelligence mindset to grow our Culture of Data across the organization and elevate our use of data in predicting the impact of different purchasing strategies, customer offerings, and logistics decisions.Team and Tech Stack
Over the last couple of years we’ve made significant investments into our data pipeline. Our Data and Platform Engineers ingest data via Stitch into a modern data warehouse (Snowflake), our Data Modelers leverage dbt to transform and model data into consumable fact and reporting layers all orchestrated by Dagster, and our Data Analysts use Mode Analytics and Jupyter Notebooks to analyze data and present compelling results to stakeholders. Together, we participate in a Data Guild to establish best practices and guide our architectural runway.
And we’re also a startup! We expect everyone might do a bit of everything to get things done. Because of this, we look for self-directed people who take pride in their work, execute on it, and deliver phenomenal results.Responsibilities & Required Qualifications:
- Build and refine SQL tables, metrics, reports, and dashboards that help us actionably understand the health of our business
- Ensure stakeholder understanding of data services deliverables and value with clear and thorough communication
- Partner with business stakeholders to drive prioritization and strategy by analyzing and evaluating the impact of opportunities, problems, and new product features
- Present business insights, data, and KPIs to product teams and executives
- Monitor and maintain report data quality, stability, and trustworthiness over time
- Support data engineering and modeling by describing business needs for data warehouse ingests, schemas, and models
- Contribute to standardization and usage of company best practices in query writing and schema building
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Conduct exploratory analyses for improvement opportunities in business areas not actively monitored by business stakeholders
- 4+ years professional experience performing data analysis against multiple data sources
- 2+ years analytical experience in e-commerce, food, retail, transportation, and/or supply chain & logistics
- Bachelors or higher in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Chartmogul, Baremetrics, Periscope, Tableau, Mode Analytics, Looker, or similar
- Ability to write efficient and optimized queries against large databases
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, or R)
- A track record of performing high impact analyses and building useful data tools with demonstrable business results
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Passionate and attentive self-starter, great communicator, and amazing follow-through. You have a great work ethic and love the responsibility from being personally empowered
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with stakeholders coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Interest and belief in our mission that good food is the most powerful force for change!
- Work for a purpose-driven company building a better food system that cares about people and the planet.
- An incredible work environment with passionate, accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity
- Grocery is a $1 Trillion market in the US and it’s changing rapidly. Only 6% buy groceries online today and by 2025, it will be closer to 15-20%. The top 5 West Coast markets alone will be a $25B market by 2025.
An all-star board includes Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.