The Senior Health Data Analyst provides information, analyses, and consultation to internal and external stakeholders. This position assesses the performance of pharmacy benefits and/or networks and develops recommendations for improvements or enhancement to support departmental and organizational objectives. This position will develop new reports, analytical models, and products/benefit programs that align with Prime’s strategic imperatives and will lead high-complexity analysis and special projects as required.
- Act as a champion of the consulting and analytic methodology for designated line of business; may provide work direction, serve as a mentor or train junior level analysts
- Develop analytic methodologies, models, reports and new products
- Lead complex client analytical work efforts and serve as an internal subject matter expert in designated line of business; leverages deep understanding of client or organizational drivers and maintains final accountability for client analytics and ad hoc reporting
- Proactively investigates and builds recommendations for enhancements or resolution regarding key drivers of benefit performance, trends and obstacles in order to improve overall benefit and/or network performance and provide effective consultation to internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Finance, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience
- 5 years experience in pharmacy benefits management, reporting & analytics, benefits consulting, healthcare, financial services or other related field
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, including in-depth client data research, which may involve research and drivers of utilization; Understands resources needed and steps/processes on how to complete the problem; when issue arises, able to understand how to navigate to a resolution.
- Strong PBM industry knowledge and knowledge of the financial levers of Prime. Able to articulate the industry trends to clients and the impact of trends and changes to client financials.
- Ability to establish rapport and effectively influence at all levels within an organization
- Ability to communicate effectively and present complex data to a wide variety of audiences
- PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) experience
- Experience conducting complex analysis on large sets of pharmacy, claims, medical, and/or financial data
- Basic to intermediate SAS coding skills
- Previous experience in a client facing or consultative role
- Extensive experience using analytic tools; familiarity with SAS EG
- This position may require travel up to 10% of the time
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- This position reports to Manager or Director, Consulting Analytics
Potential pay for this position ranges from $80,600.00 - $121,000.00 based on location, experience and skills.
To review our Benefits, Incentives and Additional Compensation, visit our Benefits Page and click on the Benefits at a glance button for more detail.
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.