Have you heard about the IBM Garage? It's a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. We use Enterprise Design Thinking, our industry-leading IBM Garage Methodology and IBM's multidisciplinary experts in full speed from the start. We design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. Startup speed. Enterprise scale. We apply user-centric approaches to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical requirements and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Provide the ability to work within agile development methodology and collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
- Build modern enterprise solutions which support scaling, development, test and data quality evaluation big data solutions based on the requirements.
- Understand data architecture, build large-scale data processing systems supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. and optimizes data flow.
- Have experience on big data process including collecting, parsing, manipulating, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Have expertise in data persistence solutions, experience with the latest (NoSQL) database technologies, and experience with building complex SQL queries using various (NoSQL or RDBMS) databases such as MongoDB or DB2
- Experience in software engineering with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns on large-scale data infrastructures
- Use DevOps best practices such as continuous integration, continuous delivery in the production implementation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Develop code using Python, Scala, R languages
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- 3+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 3+ years of working experience in database architectures and data pipeline development
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Computer Science with software engineering and Math background desired
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Familiar with big data solutions with experience on Hadoop based technologies such as MapReduce, Hive MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, PaaS, and IaaS (SoftLayer)
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.