We are now looking for a talented Assistant Data Engineering Lead to be part of our dynamic team. The candidate will be leading a small data management team of data professionals to manage the customer data and information needs of the business. The incumbent will work closely with internal IT, business stakeholders and vendors on planning, management, execution & delivery of data management and ultimately the enablement for data-driven business model for Swire Properties by developing a single source of truth of customer data across different portfolios.
- Design Customer Intelligence Platform architecture and implement the best practices of Data Analytic platform to enable customer data analytic and data-driven marketing automation with emerging technologies
- Collaborate with internal IT, Digital Team, various upstream & downstream system teams and external data management vendors to establish end-to-end data pipeline (real-time and batches) from data ingestion, transformation, data modeling to data visualization and utilization including but not limited to requirement gathering, data mapping, testing and trouble shooting
- Ensure the data and information are delivered on-time with high quality, good performance, reconciled and integrity assured
- Manage and maintain the existing on-premise data warehouse to support the BAU activities as well as ad-hoc data extraction and report generation to business users
- Implement the customer data single source of truth and automate the direct marketing subscription preference management between loyalty systems and marketing tools on BU and brand level
- Plan and implement source system data migration from legacy systems to new systems and/or data warehouse
- Plan, design and implement the migration of the existing on-premise data warehouse to Cloud infrastructure; establish data lake to enable a flexible and effective analytic platform to fulfill tagging data analytics, extended customer insights, real time behavior analytics, personalization and data feeding among different digital touchpoints
- Document the data architecture and pipeline including but not limit to data dictionary, pipeline design and mapping, transformation logic, real-time/batch control and monitoring and data flow between systems
Together with analytical skills, integrity and passion, our ideal staff should be:
- University graduate in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information System, Information Management or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in data infrastructure and architecture with demonstrated experience and capability in Data warehousing, data modelling and design, data integration, data migration, ETL, BI and Big data solutions skill sets
- Experience in leading a small team of data engineers/ETL developers and vendor management
- Strong in SQL, Python/R
- Experience with traditional DWH such as Teradata, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MS SQL Server
- Experience with batch and real-time streaming technologies such as DataStage, Informatica, Spark, EMR, HDInsight, Kinesis, Kafka
- Experience with or knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with or knowledge of cloud Data Lake, DWH and query engine such as Azure (Data Lake Store & BLOB, SQL DW), AWS (S3, Redshift, Athena), Databricks and Presto
- Experience with or knowledge of data catalog, data lineage, BI and Data Preparation (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Tableau Prep, Alteryx, Looker) is highly desirable
- Working experience in CRM/loyalty system is a highly desirable
- Excellence presentation and communication skills; strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skill
- Good command of both written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
You are invited to submit your application via the Apply button.
If we have not contacted you within six weeks after your submission, please consider your application be unsuccessful this time. The personal data of unsuccessful candidates collected for this recruitment exercise will be kept for 12 months from its completion and thereafter destroyed. Information provided will be used for recruitment and appointment purpose only. The Company will handle all personal data confidentially in accordance with the principles laid down in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.