SHIFT: Work From Home
This is a remote/work from home position.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(k), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As a Data Analyst for Clinical Data & Registry Abstracting, you will have a key role in providing expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and report results to help identify outliers, root causes, lessons learned and best practice opportunities. The Data Analyst will collect, review and query data from computer systems or tracking databases according to established procedures and will work closely with leadership and other team members to provide operational analysis of reports.
Duties, included but are not limied to:
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation of complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests for monitoring and benchmarking of abstractor performance
- Determines and devises mechanisms for data collection and interpretation methods, analytical methodologies, research as needed and presentation of data
- Uses and supports database applications and analytical tools:
- evaluate data quality, applications, and functions
- produce output
- maintain operation
- Assembly and timely distribution of ad hoc and regularly scheduled reports
- Extracts, assimilates and analyzes integrity of various types of data to assess compliance risks
- Works with Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, PowerBI, registry/abstraction systems and other computer software to analyze and format data to support CDRA management's presentations to internal and external customers
- Prepares and produces monitoring reports with data integrity verification
- Supports department in retrieving, organizing and reporting data for company initiatives such as data science projects, abstraction reporting projects, etc.,
- Analyzes integrity of data results to facilitate identification of follow-up items
- Prepares on-demand budget related, productivity and quality analyses
- Works on special projects as assigned to support department operations
- Communicates routinely to Manager any significant issues, status of projects, barriers and successes
- Reviews monitoring and audit results to identify additional follow-up, education and support needs
- Develops awareness of and familiarity with issues and events impacting operations and its customers
- Contributes to team effort
- Bachelors degree preferred, ideally in areas such as Health Information Management, Information Management, Business Analytics, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2 year degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics or a related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of reporting and data analysis experience, preferred
- Relevant experience may substitute education preferences
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare, has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.