- Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience working in Data Science related field.
. Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL, Python and databases in a business environment.
- Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Would you like to build solutions to scale the use of data analytics, and machine learning to directly improve our users experience?
The A to Z mobile application directly impacts the lives of associates by helping them identify the best shifts for their schedule, opportunities to pick up additional work, and choose when they get paid. We are committed to helping associates achieve the work life harmony that is best for them. We are also committed to helping Amazon acquire, train, and retain associates to fulfill Amazon’s mission to be the world’s most customer centric company.
As a Sr. Data Scientist on the A to Z team you will lead the initiatives of A/B testing, designing experiments on the A to Z platform, partner with Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers, Product Managers, and Software Development Engineers on app personalization initiatives and Downstream Impact Analyses.Core Responsibilities :
- Ability to evaluate /apply science principles, tools, and techniques. Ability to quantify impact and apply algorithms, models, data collection, and experimental design.
- Initiates the design, development, and implementation of scientific analysis projects or deliverables. Feasibility of applying science principles/concepts to problems.
- Design and Implement experiments and A/B tests to determine the downstream impact, and the best alternative to Amazon Associates.
- Lead app personalization efforts by leveraging the engagement data to enhance the user experience.
- Work closely with the UX designers and product managers to optimize the user experience.
- You are able to communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customers including when to make appropriate trade-offs.
- You can harmonize discordant views and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus).
- Partner with Software Development Engineers to build ML ( Machine Learning ) capabilities that enhances the UX (recommendation models, classification models, etc.)
- Phd degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 4+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
- Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
. Experience in Sagemaker and other AWS tools.
. Experience in app development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .