You will work in a challenging and demanding environment, yet very rewarding. The industrialisation of Data Science solutions is a crucial part of our responsibilities as a department, and you will be a key part of it.
How do I become a Data Scientist - Forecasting at Coolblue?
You work with state-of-the-art methods, the latest technologies, and a mature data infrastructure from many different sources to make Coolblue even better at making our customers happy. You will have room for working and learning independently while guided and coached by our Senior Data Scientists. Want to become a Data Scientist in the Forecasting team of Coolblue? Read below to see if the job suits you.
You enjoy doing this
- Finding effective ways to produce accurate forecasts for various purposes so our stakeholders can plan the optimal amount of deliver heros, vans, stocks etc in the warehouse or even set sales targets for the future
- Discussing with stakeholders to understand their needs and collaborating with Analysts, Data Engineers and Data Scientists from other teams to make a better solution
- Identifying relevant relationships in our data that might serve us to improve or create better forecasting models.
- Contributing to creating and improving our own forecasting software.
- Querying data from our systems and processing them in a way that allows you to view the situation with clarity.
- Experimenting with modern Machine Learning techniques.
- Sparring with your colleague for a second opinion on your analysis.
- Learning from our Senior Data Scientists.
You recognize yourself in the following
- You have a MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research or Statistics.
- You combine an understanding of business challenges with strong data-analytic thinking.
- Ideally you have at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- You are proficient in Operations Research techniques.
- You have some experience with the application of Machine Learning techniques such as Gradient Boosting, Random Forest and Neural Networks and demonstrable experience with the successful application of these (or similar) techniques.
- Experience with SQL and / or BigQuery is a plus.
- You have good knowledge on Python.
- You have some experience in software development.
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University.
- Relocation assistance: from A to Z. We will make sure it goes well and give full support.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan and where-you-work-allowance.
- 25 days of leave. As long as you promise to come back.
- A discount on all our products.
- An extraordinarily good work environment with colleagues from all over the world who make you happy, epic (digital) Coolblue parties, pubquizzing, and other activities.
- Working together in an international environment with colleagues from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy, among others.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year.
- Hybrid working: a fine balance between working at the office and working from home. Of course, we’ll help you create the best home-office possible. Including desk chair, laptop, and blue garlands.