About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are looking for a Data Scientist with strong data and analytical skills, you will be tasked with managing all aspects any new work/project assessments thoroughly from inception to delivery. You will need to build close working relationships with FMO functions, in order to gather specific modelling requirements and define and scope the work. In addition, as Data Scientist you will also work closely with internal staff, clients and 3rd parties.
- Delivering, building and maintaining the Data Driven solutions that are core to Financial Markets Operations strategy including managing data lakes, searching through large data sets for usable information, develop Data Science solutions and developing training to upskill other members of staff.
- Active interaction, support and relationship management of lateral peer groups across region. This involves working with technology, cross-border functional and business product owners, as well as other peer groups to ensure buy in on topics and issues.
- Develop unit to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders
- Design Machine Learning, Natural Language and Decision Optimisation applications architecture.
- Design ML, NLP and DO models, algorithms for predictive & prescriptive analytics.
- Perform advanced analytics and statistical modelling on structured and unstructured data.
- Work with data engineers to integrate and deploy ML, AI models & APIs.
- Support the business with clear and insightful analysis applying advanced data science techniques leveraging the data at hand.
- Translate business requirements to reporting dashboard and analytics.
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend successful models to ensure business benefits are derived in a timely fashion.
- Develop, build and maintain proactive actionable models through data analysis & interrogation and interpret results to senior stakeholders.
- Data mine and analyze potential hot spots related to Client experience, operational processes, Risk & Control, Cost & Capacity efficiencies. This includes ensuring that any findings are categorically substantiated, rated and converted to actionable intelligence.
- Providing governance and oversight to the Analytics and Business teams being the centre of gravity.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards and industry best practices.
People and Talent
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Master’s or Ph.D in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Data science.
- Professional qualifications and Certifications in Data Science discipline is a must.
- 8 years of work experience in statistical modelling, data visualisation and artificial intelligence
- Completed real world ML, NLP and DO projects using R or Python
- Extensive experience in SQL and NoSQL database design, queries and stored procedures
- Highly proficient in data visualisation tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Documentation - Requirements/Use Cases/Business Rules/User Stories, etc.
- Report Types - Gap Analysis/Problem Analysis/Initial Assessments, Etc.
- Strong query language skills (SQL, Hive, ETL, Hadoop, Spark, R, Python)
- Good experience with Business Intelligence tools and Decision Support Systems
- Strong data analysis skills using Hive, Pig, Spark, R, Python, Dremio, MicroStrategy and Tableau.
- Proven experience in working with key stakeholders within the business
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Other related Data Management experience in Data Governance, Data Standards documentation, Master Data Management and Data Integration
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.