World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Benelux is one of the top largest entities of Air Liquide around the world. It is contributing to the revenue of the Group by more than billion and a half euros (as of results of the year 2021) and has a considerable share in the Net Profit of the Group. Activity of Air Liquide crosses several business segments - Large Industries, Industrial Merchant, Electronics and Hydrogen to Energy - around 3 countries - Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. It has a rich history of activity with tangible market shares in the mentioned countries. From a legal perspective the structure is heavy and complex with more than 20 entities concerned - this obviously leads to a specific complexity of internal processes setup where accuracy and vigilance are predominant and have to be as sharp as a swiss knife.
The department in which a candidate will be located is named as LI Business Controlling department which is acting a bridge between Financial performance and the business activity of the Large Industries business line.
Missions and Responsibilities
Competencies and Profile
- Automation of day-to-day routine calculations regarding business and financial performance, variance of such performance between different accounting periods in order to ensure that right conclusions can be extracted from such data
- Elaborating on and maintaining of current reports in Power BI environment
- Presentation and communication of Power BI reports and developed tools to the business control team and other external stakeholders
- Master degree in finance, engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of ‘Lean Six Sigma’ principle is a big plus, practical experience is very welcome
- Effective Communication skills, to be able to understand others needs by positioning yourself in their shoes
- Strong with Google Sheets and analytical skills
- Experience with managing a digital project on Continuous Improvement would be highly advantageous
- Responsive and responsible team player, open-minded and love to work with diverse teams
- Structured way of working, able to manage competing priorities and deadlines
Language: English fluency is mandatory, Dutch or French is advantageous
Position based in Brussels, Belgium for 24 months period.
Position open only for candidates eligible to the VIE program. Therefore, only the applicants meeting the requirements of the French V.I.E program will be taken into consideration. Please visit this website for more information about these requirements:
The V.I.E., an international young graduate program, enables young professionals who are less than 28 and European Union nationals to work for a French company in any country of the world. Becoming part of this program means going abroad to carry out a professional assignment for up to 24 months whilst benefiting from social care coverage and an interesting salary, which depends on the host country.
Business France, the French agency for international business development, is in charge of all the administrative procedures of your assignment. For further information, please visit the following link: https://mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr/en
Job Reference: FR15393