- Ongoing permanent positions
- APS 6 level ($82,820 - $93,530 plus 15.4% super)
- Canberra and Perth locations
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is seeking to recruit several Senior Statistical Analysts and Data Scientists at the APS 6 classification level for our Labour Market and Population Statistics Division. The positions are located in both our Canberra and Perth offices.
About the roles
Working as a Senior Statistical Analyst or Data Scientist, you will be responsible for the design, analysis and delivery of relevant and objective statistics. The roles and responsibilities may vary depending on the team in which the applicant is placed, however typical responsibilities include:
- analysing data and drawing findings, using judgement and real-world insights
- applying a strong understanding of statistical frameworks, classifications, standards and concepts that underpin the data
- working with internal and external stakeholders and customers to develop fit for purpose specifications of data solutions requirements
- critical thinking and reasoning: anticipate and analyse issues and develop logical conclusions based on reasoning
- manage people effectively, delegating, driving high performance.
To be suitable you should have most of or all the following skills, qualities and experience:
- well-developed data skills including the ability to analyse large, complex datasets (preferably in the areas of labour or economic statistics)
- strong project management skills and the ability to deliver quality outcomes within a dynamic and complex environment
- demonstrated skills in problem solving and decision making
- ability to work in and manage a high performing team
- strong oral and written communication skills.
To be eligible for this role you:
- must be an Australian citizen at the time you apply
- will need to undertake pre-employment checks, including national police check and health assessment
- will need to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
You will be required to submit a 700 word statement of your skills relevant to the qualities, skills and experience for these roles, together with a current resume.
If you are interested in submitting an application for this opportunity, please click the Begin button below to commence your application. Applications must be submitted by 11:30 pm AEDT, Sunday 21 February 2021.
Please read the