Chief Technology Office - Data Analyst - Telemetry (VP role)
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) team is currently seeking a Data Analyst to join the team delivering our GetFit Product which is focused on delivering telemetry & modernization roadmaps to drive global technology modernization. One of the key drivers of the CTO org is to effect change across the global technology organization to improve the way in which our 50,000 internal technologist deliver software to our business. With this comes exciting opportunities to partner with tech teams across the globe in all lines of business.
The CTO organisation drives Modern Engineering Practices across the firm and provides the pathway for technologists to improve their speed, stability, scalability, security and skills. We're focused on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are portable across multi-cloud platforms to stay resilient, scalable and maintainable.
The successful candidate will be a technical data analyst with related experience in software engineering and/or architecture projects within a large scale organization. The individual must be able to effectively partner and establish relationships across line of business, function and level in order to execute initiatives contributing to the Global Technology Modernization strategy.
- Work closely with various stakeholders and clients to understand their user journey / data needs and translate those into specifications for our data products.
- Working closely with the Product Owner on Vision/Roadmap and backlog.
- Working with multiple teams focused on data analysis aspects of the delivery of the Product.
- Documenting requirements with user stories for the product suite, understanding dependencies and breaking down complex asks into user stories
- Define acceptance criteria using Specification by Example and writing test specifications (e.g. Cucumber 'feature files')
- Partnering with UX team to help create artefacts such as wireframes, users flows, and diagrams
- Identifying / specifying API contracts, data modelling, systems integration approaches
- Assisting with application rollouts, tracking adoption and helping with issue resolution
- Partner closely with Information Architects and Software Engineers
- Strong agile, organisational, data analysis skills and the ability to coordinate multiple parallel work streams across a number of teams
- Strong analytical skills with a concentration on data flows, data mapping
- Strong base of core SQL skills as data analysis is a key requirement.
- Strong base of story writing and acceptance criteria documentation (e.g. Specification by example).
- Strong understanding of the modern software development processes including Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Development Practices
- A strong knowledge and understanding of testing, including automated testing. Specification by Example highly desirable.
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely, communicating effectively and comfortably with senior stakeholders
- Excellent reporting skills and presentation preparation skills for Senior Management
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.