Join Our Community of Food People!
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of data pipeline solutions to support the organization’s reporting, analytics, and other data needs. The developer will work closely with stakeholds across functional areas to deliver well structured data in a reliable, efficient, and timely way.
The work is completed 100% remote anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and build large scale datasets for a wide range of consumer needs
- Build, test and implement highly efficienct data pipelines using a variety of technologies
- Ensure consistent use of standard data structures
- Analyze new data sources to understand quality, availability and content.
- Write technical design documentation
- Create and executes unit tests
- Supports QA team during testing
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field required
- AWS certification preferred
- 5+ years of professional IT experience
- 3+ years of data engineering related experience
- Proven ability to model data for reporting and analytics needs
- Proven ability to analyze and understand existing processes and code
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Must work well within team-oriented environments
- Use of CI/CD tools (Chef, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git/Bitbucket)
- Supporting self-service reporting and analytics
- Working with semi-strurctured data
Proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Oracle, MySQL, other relational databases
- AWS (ERM, Lambda, IAM, S3)
Nice to have:
- R or Pandas
- API development (Mulesoft)
- Machine Learning
- Kinesis or Kafkta
The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $75,100 and $100,100. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits, please click here: https://www.usfoods.com/careers/benefits.html
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***