Your field of responsibility
The Model Risk Management (MRM) team is responsible for reviewing and approving the models used in the bank in order to ensure that the risk due to design and use of models is accurately man-aged and adequately mitigated. Join us as a new member of our team and you will get the oppor-tunity to acquire modeling experience in a wide variety of business areas such as Advisory, Asset and Portfolio Management, Sustainable Finance (ESG), Climate Risk etc. The high regulatory focus on these innovative areas, the team’s expertise and visibility to senior management gives you an ideal baseline for shaping your future career.
As a Quantitative Analyst, you will manage and perform validation reviews following the global stand-ards described in the supervisory guidance SR 11-7 on Model Risk Management issued by the Federal, covering the following:
- Review the mathematical foundation of the model, assessing the correctness of the model equations and theory.
- Develop alternative benchmarks, design backtesting or other methodologies to test the con-ceptual soundness of model assumptions and assess their respective limitations.
- Assess if the model is implemented correctly, via independent re-implementation of the model in spreadsheets or coding language (Python, R, VBA etc.).
- Test the model sensitivity and stability to changes to the inputs and market environment.
- Responsibility for the creation of technical reports, including authoring and presentation of validation reports for the attention of senior management, supervisory authorities, and model partners
- Continuous interaction and collaboration with partners from a wide range of internal business areas.
Your future colleagues
Our team is dedicated, hardworking and used to work independently as well as collaboratively. We work with a high level of integrity, attention to detail and look for a colleague who shares our passion and high standards. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is commit-ted to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- A master's degree or PhD in a quantitative field like mathematics, physics, engineering, quantita-tive finance, Econometrics or equivalent.
- Experience in mathematical optimization, statistics or machine learning is required!
- Experience in financial risk management is desirable!
- Client focus and the ability to communicate effectively with senior partners, including the ability to explain complex topics to a diverse audience.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written).
- Self-motivation, dedicated problem solver, the ability to structure and present work and a con-sistent track record in delivering high quality results to defined timelines.
- Great teammate skills and motivation of working within a global and diverse team while being able to work independently.
- Good knowledge and programming experience of statistical software applications such as R, Matlab or Python.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance for employees and additional insurance options available for family members
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.