**Please apply for this position here:** https://appriss-retail.rippling-ats.com/job/573235/data-engineer
About Appriss Retail:
We deliver software-as-a-service solutions used by leading retail chains across the world — 39 of the Top 100 retailers rely on one or more of the Appriss Retail solutions to prevent fraud, improve customer experience, detect and remediate employee fraud, and improve operational processes. The ability to interact with customers and technical teams is required.
About the role
Develop and code software programs, algorithms, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Analyze and evaluate the usability of data provided by customers and interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues regarding data quality. Develop, and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze diverse data sources to generate actionable insights.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop / program methods and processes to consolidate, normalize, and analyze data
· Monitor and improve current processes
· Work with large datasets
· Present results from these analyses to management, communicate issues to and from clients, and coordinate resolution of those issues
· Monitor the system’s business performance, identify areas for improvement and assist in the identification and tracking of issues
· Close interaction with Support and Engineering teams to deploy & improve the products
Minimum Requirements Education
· Bachelor’s degree in an analytical-related field such as Statistics or Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
· Mature experience with SQL required
· Proficiency with analytical software (2+ years) such Python, SAS, or R
· Ability to work with APIs, structured and unstructured data
· Experience processing, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets
· Experience with data warehouse solutions a plus (Hadoop/Netezza/Greenplum/Snowflake)
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability and willingness to work with a team
· Proven ability to work on time-sensitive deliverables
· Familiarity with scrum team philosophy
Helpful / Preferred
· Experience working with Azure
· Retail data experience
Appriss Retail offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage & private medical insurance. Competitive salary and performance linked annual bonus, A subscription to Calm – Meditation and Sleep app, Exposure to the latest technologies, analytical and data innovations. An exceptional candidate has the opportunity for advancement globally within Appriss. Fun and friendly work environment where the team is rewarded for success. Opportunities for international travel. Training, latest tooling, Azure Credits, high spec development laptop. As a hybrid global community, we also offer a remote work-first environment empowering our people to work wherever suits their lifestyle.
The Appriss Retail engineering team is spread across 4 countries. This position is open to the London office. We are remote-work friendly.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.