Description of business unit
Reporting to the Chief Data & Analytics Officer (CDAO), the Strategic Analytics team is responsible for the development and execution of the Bank's data analytics strategy. The role holder will deliver value-prioritised analytics projects that are closely aligned to the Groups strategic ambition in a scrum team on behalf of internal customers; and contribute to identifying appropriate framework tools and standards to enable Bank of Ireland to become a data driven organisation at all levels of the company.
Purpose of the Role
This is a Group role to lead technical solution delivery for strategic analytics projects, realising the value of our Enterprise Data. You will design, develop and deliver solutions to businesses across the Group, using the latest technologies in data exploration, modelling and visualisation.
You will have an opportunity to partner with the business on a wide range of projects, collaborating on appropriate ways of working and proposing new methodologies.
In a Chief Data & Analytics Office management position, you will contribute more broadly to the achievement of overall strategies, plans and priorities.
- Build high quality data visualisations and predictive models autonomously to provide insight into business process and strategy for Senior Leaders.
- Engage stakeholders, and challenge requirements, to respond to critical business issues, and support the organisation\\\'s strategy and values
- Use advanced analytics to provide insight into the customer base, developing independent key metrics such as customer activity, product penetration, share of wallet and transactional behaviour preferences.
- Conducts data science related engineering to create new data marts and productionised data features
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the Bank to eliminate silos, to drive the adoption of the Enterprise Data Warehouse & Enterprise Data Lake and to share best practice
- Engage Senior Business network across Retail, Corporate & Marketing to generate demand, discover issues and innovate solutions
- Contribute to a creative data driven culture centred on an agile environment, problem solving and design thinking
- Promote awareness of analytics, emerging industry trends (inc. regulation) and a digital future
- Support the Community of Practice, Inclusion & Diversity, and our shared Group values and purpose
What is the opportunity
Advanced Analytics create data-driven solutions to support the business. We collaborate with other specialists in a hub and spoke network, spread capability awareness and develop new talent. The team is built on three pillars: strategic value prioritisation, design thinking and agile delivery. Join us and accelerate the adoption of analytics to transform the bank, engage our customers and deliver value.
- Third Level qualification, in mathematics, statistics, finance, IT, or another discipline including a significant numerical element
Essential Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics, including statistical model development such as logistic regression, CHAID, neural networks or machine learning
- Excellent technical skills including working with large datasets, relational databases and experience with a combination of tools such as SQL, Tableau, Python, R & Cloudera Spark/Hadoop
- The ability to challenge the status quo and support reengineering of process and use of data for business benefit
- Good communication, presentation and business partner skills to work effectively with wider CDAO, finance, front-line business, marketing and risk teams
- Strong interpretative and analytical skills, with the confidence to provide a professional, objective and independent viewpoint
- Experience of delivery to challenging targets with a proven ability to handle competing deadlines
- High energy, bias for action, drive for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in Financial Services Data Analytics
- Previous experience with Teradata, Tableau and Cloudera platforms
- Strong SQL & data integration background, accessing data from disparate systems, as well as cleansing and enriching existing data through the use of techniques such as fuzzy matching and sources like APIs.
- Understanding of process flow, data management, GDPR and data lineage concepts