Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”)
located in Hollywood, CA
. Fender Digital Products
is making apps, websites, platforms and tools to compliment the guitars, amps and audio gear that Fender makes. Building on this brand authenticity, Fender is building a digital ecosystem of products and interactive experiences for the new and experienced player alike. We are aiming to create products — digital and physical — that enable all players at every point in their musical journey.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing data engineering team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.What You'll Do
What You Need
- Work closely with the product development team to design tracking plans and data models for new and existing applications and services.
- Create data tools for analytics team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Translate product specs into robust data models that are scalable and iterable.
- Help ensure that real time analytics are available to product teams and proactively identify when issues arise.
- Work closely with DevOps to automate deployments, monitoring, alerting, ETL and reporting systems.
About Fender Musical Instruments
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field (MS/PhD or equivalent a plus).
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with Agile project teams of people with technical and non-technical backgrounds. Be able to communicate requirements questions and technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in operational support and monitoring of data and a data pipeline from collection to the final data product.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Python. We assume you speak SQL.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with both data lakes and data warehouses, as well as underlying file formats for data lakes like Parquet and file partitioning in S3.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including: Postgres, DynamoDB, and Redshift.
- Knowledge of data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow, AWS Step Functions, or others.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Kinesis and Lambdas.
- Experience with streaming data processing systems a plus: Kafka, Kinesis, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Be able to work independently as a Data SME for a line-of-business or area, being responsible for the data processes and data quality of that area, while still contributing and working cooperatively within Data Engineering and the data platform.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.