General Position Definition
Shell are looking to strengthen their Space Planning function by recruiting an experienced Space Planner specialising in macro and micro space planning.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, specialised department within the newly formed team and really make your mark in Convenience Retail. Shell have recently implemented new space software to help support their micro and macro space. The Space Planner will be fully involved in managing the existing shop plans, planograms and identifying opportunities to increase space performance across different markets. This role comes with high degree of autonomy
oCreating macro space layouts for new shops and analysing existing performance to ensure each shop has the optimal category space to maximise the shop profitability.
oWorking closely with Shop Format managers within markets to create and maintain shop plans and linking in the relevant planograms.
oDeliver planogram creation and maintenance to meet business needs of regularly scheduled and adhoc requests for; merchandise sets, new stores, remodels and special projects.
- Work closely with Category Management to deliver visually appealing versioned planograms based on store clustering, space definitions and defined flow in accordance with agreed service level agreements (SLA).
- Analysing performance to optimise the range across the various sizes of Planogram and Shop Formats
- Enable and ensure more data science driven Macro and Micro Space planning
Stakeholder Engagement Skills
- Identify actionable insights that directly address challenges / opportunities
- Articulate business insights and recommendations (based on model output) to respective stakeholders
- Understanding business KPI's, frameworks and drivers for performance
- Proficiency Level: Skill
Industry / Functional Expertise
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience within the Retail industry, ideally within a Space Planning role
- Ideally some experience with any Micro Space planning tools (Spaceman preferable)
- Component with CAD design software
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Competent with Excel & Word
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage a fluid workload
Modeling and Technology Skills
- Strong experience in specialized analytics tools and technologies (including, but not limited to)
- Identify the right approach(es) for given scenario and articulate why the approach fits
- Assess data availability and design feasibility
- Review interpretation of design results
- Evaluate fitment based on business / function scenario
- Proficiency Level: Skill
oThe ideal candidate would be someone with experience in macro space planning and who enjoys variety in their role. Additionally, working knowledge of CAD is important as this is a key aspect of the role.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in Retail domain
- Advanced university degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Quantitative Finance, OR, etc.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and influencing skills
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work with limited supervision