Are you excited to work with a global Innovation team with diverse backgrounds and talents? Can you apply your technical skills to help quantify business risks? Do you enjoy the challenge of converting a business hypothesis into an analytics approach? We’re looking for a data analyst like that who can:
- establish relationships with business stakeholders within GIA to solve business problems innovatively as well as meet the operational analytics needs of the organization,
- collaborate across Group Internal Audit (GIA) stakeholders, providing thought leadership, and driving day-to-day implementation of our innovation strategy,
- advise GIA stakeholders on analytical options to address their specific needs, including discussing potential analytics and automation solutions to problems, associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations, and providing technical mentorship to auditors across all levels,
- design, coordinate, and implement analytics and automation solutions to support audit and innovation initiatives,
- display strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
You will be working in the Group Internal Audit Innovation team. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. As an Data Analyst you will be a member of the global Data Analytics & Automation team, which works collaboratively with all GIA teams and management in different aspects of design and delivery of innovative and efficient solutions. In that role, you will gain insight into a wide variety of GIA's processes and will be able to influence their effectiveness.
Your expertiseYou have:
- a bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience as data analyst/scientist, reporting analyst or automation analyst within the financial industry,
- strong analytics skills including tools such as Python, Oracle SQL, Alteryx, Tableau or equivalents,
- experience in applying advanced analytics / data science / statistical techniques to solve business problems, such as practical applications of Natural Language Processing and Generation, Machine Learning, Clustering, and Regression analyses
- excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple / concurrent projects,
- an interest and prior experience in banking operations and regulations as well a quantitative approach to problem solving.
- an excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate complex and technical topics with non-technical stakeholders.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.