Data Scientist 5 - Minneapolis, MN or Milwaukee, WI-200011387At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Data Scientist collaborates with functional areas to work complex business problem solved by the statistical analysis and information processing of large datasets. The role involves the identification of data sources to support problem requirements, the development of analytical modeling, and the implementation of software for the solutions.
- Build a detailed understanding of the problem domain and related data assets.
- Ensure that the data used follows the compliance, access management and control policies of the company while meeting the data governance requirements of the business.
- Work with technical groups to support the collection, integration and retention of the data sources. This is done to support the experimentation.
- Interpret and communicate the results in a manner that is understood by the business.
- Participate in data architecture decisions and technology deployments to support the modelling environment, and the operationalization of models & other analytical results.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, engineering or applied mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Four to six years of relevant experience
- Experience with C, Java, Python, and SQL programming languages, with knowledge of related data analysis libraries.
- Knowledge of relational databases and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Use of GPUs and advanced processing techniques.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to solving problems.
- Continuously develop and acquire new technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with multiple teams, and strong work ethic.
Job Information TechnologyPrimary Location Minnesota-MN-MinneapolisOther Locations Wisconsin-WI-MilwaukeeShift 1st - DaytimeAverage Hours Per Week 40