The Senior Data Engineer is a member of a new Data Science and Engineering team. This role will require expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms, both internal and external.
The Senior Data Engineer will work with other Software Engineers and Architects responsible for different data assets to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the data. They should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low-cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake. Above all, they should be passionate about working with very large-scale data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive development and growth. #LI-Remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple Engineering and DevOps teams to develop, optimize and maintain Spok Data Science and Engineering data assets.
- Design, construct and test data models, including large-scale data repositories optimized for reporting and data as a service that may influence or drive architectural changes.
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure optimum integration, data integrity, and data quality
- Ensure production service levels, performance quality, and resolution of data load failures.
- Translate business requirements into ETL designs and mapping specifications.
- Coordinate with the security team to ensure all data asset security requirements are met.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to plan new features, as needed.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Mentor and train fellow team members on technologies, design patterns, and best practices.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and present findings to team, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Research and resolves issues in a timely manner, identifying root cause and implementing sound technical resolutions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- AWS ecosystem familiarity (Lambdas, DynamoDB, Serverless Aurora SQL, SNS.)
- Deep business intelligence platform experience (Tableau, Cognos, Spotfire, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills, including performance tuning in a SQL environment.
- Development of ETL tools/processes to load data repositories and create data stores.
- Working with large-scale databases, collection, and organization of real-time event streaming data.
- Working with Dimensional, Entity-Relationship, Tabular models, and OLAP data modeling.
- A proven track record in delivering in an agile environment, while managing multiple priorities.
- Practical experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Experience with Git/Github or comparable distributed version control system.
- Experience working with Jenkins.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants receive lawful consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.