CIB Operations, Markets Trading - Core Operations (Team Lead - 502)
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader.
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Documentation Management Operations (DMO) is responsible for the global strategy and day-to-day oversight of the account, services and product legal documentation provided to CIB clients. Document Management Operations group - Markets Trading Team reviews legal agreements such as ISDA Master Agreement and CSA (International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Credit Support Annexure), Repurchase and Securities Lending Agreements, F & O Agreements (Future and Options), Prime Brokerage Agreement and performs the task of extracting legal and financial parameters from the legal agreements to index them within JP Morgan's risk management systems. The parameters entered into the risk management systems flow downstream into the front end trading systems and therefore severely critical.
- Act as first point to contact to Identify issues and co-ordinate with the relevant functions internally (eg: credit, legal etc.) for prompt resolution on disputed points within set time-frame parameters.
- Working closely with regional Legal operations Department, Credit, Collateral team, Onboarding team and other stakeholders.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and support strategic documentation programs and tactical project initiatives.
- Ensure process changes are documented in the procedure and ensure team members are trained on all the procedures
- Ensure that all control policies of the organization and DMO are fully adhered to.
- Ability to understand the content and the systems is a must in order to manage Project Management/Operations.
- Stake holder management is a must as we work with colleagues and senior management across the globe.
- Ability to generate reports and scorecards, present them in operations calls, provide capacity and contingency planning.
- Ability to adapt and contribute to internal processes and be innovative in finding solutions for all the issues that can arise while delivering a project.
- People Management may not be a requirement from this role. However the candidates are expected to display team work, maintain productivity score cards etc.
- The candidate needs to work closely with the team. He/she needs to be motivated and a solution oriented person in order to supervise the team into success against strict project deadlines and potential issues that may arise.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in derivatives and other trade related documentation, gained within Investment Banking / Law Firm environment.
- Proficient understanding of end-to-end legal documentation structure associated with legal contracts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, identify priority issues and excellent execution style.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Project Management and Process improvement experience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Graduation is a must, Law and Commerce graduation preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.