At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch’s ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
The Fitch Group Chief Data Office (CDO) is seeking a machine learning engineer to be part of a critical strategic initiative relating to document sourcing, processing, and automation. This is a formative opportunity to influence and innovate as part of the Emerging Tech team within the CDO function. In this role, the ML Engineer will partner with other data scientists as well as Business and other automation developers to develop the core machine learning components of Fitch’s systems to source financial documents and extract structured data. This role is part of our Emerging Tech Group (within the CDO office).
The Emerging Technology team’s mandate is to coordinate and catalyze the adoption of disruptive AI, machine learning, and automation solutions across the Fitch Group.
Specific Emerging Technology Team Objectives Are
- Lead AI/ML/Automation technology and vendor relationships
- AI/ML/Automation technology implementation at the enterprise level (in partnership with business and product owners)
- Enterprise data science products, processes, and solutions (predictive models, model governance and quality)
- Lead and support other enterprise-level initiatives
- Develop and deploy machine learning solutions to meet enterprise goals and support experimentation and innovation. Translates machine learning algorithms into production-level code
- Collaborate with data scientists to identify innovative machine learning solutions that leverage data to meet business goals
- Designs and develops scalable solutions and ML workflows that leverage machine learning and deep learning models to meet enterprise requirements
- Assist in the development of data engineering pipelines to organize, collect and standardize the data that drives our business; partner with Data Platform team
- Actively participate in maintaining SLAs for Production applications and support. Create metrics to continuously evaluate the performance of machine learning solutions and improve the performance of existing machine learning solutions
- Use Python/Java to construct software artifacts for ETL, interfacing with diverse data formats and storage technologies, and incorporate them into robust data workflows and dynamic systems
- Use large scale data workflow orchestration platforms e.g. Airflow to extend and optimize the automated data ingestion platform for the automation of data loading routines
- Build with AWS services providing the necessary infrastructure, resources, and interfaces to enable data loading and ML workflows
- Use best-practice MLOps methodologies to ensure that the build and deployment ML pipelines are fast, robust, and secure
- Collaborate with internal squads & teams to integrate, test and deploy machine learning models
- Ensures adherence to performance standards and compliance to data security requirements
- Keeps abreast with new tools, algorithms and techniques in machine learning and works to implement them in the organization
- Prior experience developing production quality Python and/or Java code is essential
- Strong adherence to software and ML development fundamentals (e.g. code quality considerations, automated testing, source version control, optimization)
- Data Modelling & robust Data and ML pipeline development experience. Prior experience in data analysis and data warehousing
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms such as multi-class classifications, decision trees, support vector machines and deep learning (especially for NLP)
- Strong understanding of probability and statistical models (generative and descriptive models)
- Exposure/experience in containerization technologies like docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS etc.
- Knowledge of popular Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure & services e.g. EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Sagemaker, GLUE, Athena etc.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable “big data” data stores
- Be able to place security as a foremost primary concern in the architecture, secure coding, build, and deployment of solutions
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal/external data and processes.
- Proficiency in the understanding of source code repositories
- Passionate about the power of data and predictive analytics to drive better business outcomes for customers
- Proven ability to work effectively in a distributed working environment and ability to work efficiently and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with ESG-related market developments, regulations and data products around the world
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A champion of good code quality and architectural practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work proactively and as a team player
- 3 + years of experience in developing and deploying enterprise-scale machine learning solutions.
- Strong work experience as a software & data engineer (5+ years)
- Bachelor's degree in data science, applied mathematics, computer science or otherwise research-based field; Master’s degree and above preferred
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY:
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.