Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As an Associate Data Engineer you will aid in growing and transforming our analytics landscape. You will leverage your ability to rapidly grasp and design new technologies, as well as your creativity and curiosity to capture, explore and transform data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build rudimentary data solutions, correct problems, apply transformations, and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Assist in the operationalization and automation of data products.
- Analyze common sources to determine value and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Interact and collaborate with team and business users to support delivery and educate end users on data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and systems analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents.
- Test data movement, transformation code and data components.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- One year of data engineering or equivalent experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Two years of related experience
- Developing knowledge of tools, techniques, and manipulation including Cloud platforms, programming languages, and software engineering practices.
- SQL (query language), basic understanding of transactional and reporting databases, strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Python, Github, Rally, AWS, Cognos, Microstrategies, SQL Server Integration Studio (SSIS), familiarity with Kanban/Agile practices, test driven development, experience with cloud technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of investments and/or finance a plus.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.