Senior Data Engineer - DAAP
DAAP - Data Agnostic Analytics Platform
- Data Harmonization
- Data Customization
- Data Analytics
- Custom Platform Delivery
We help clients solve Big Data Constraints.
DAAP integrates data sources (SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, Whole Foods Market, Costco, Amazon, and more) into a single platform that provides one common view of category hierarchies and brand/sub-brand structures. We build a custom harmonized database that cleans and integrates the data so it can be used for the development of insights and tactical, strategic recommendations. We are looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to our team.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Build efficient back-end features in Python
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Work collaboratively with UI/UX Designers, Product Owners and Architects to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new deliveries
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equal experience
- Working experience as Python Developer (1-5 years)
- Hands on experience with Django, Flask or other Python frameworks
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, NoSQL, and other data storage solutions
- Experience with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Experience working in agile
- Experience with Beautiful Soup, Scrapy and web scraping a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform a plus
- Experience with Big Query
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can't have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we've continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that's greater than each individual contribution.