Senior Data Scientist (voice/speech)
Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Research team. This is an exciting time to join our company and a chance to be part of an established and successful product development team.
Work with the latest voice biometric and speech technologies to:
- Design & implement voice-based algorithms for use in identity authentication solutions
- Develop voice algorithms for the telephony call center and IVR using state-of-the-art knowledge in machine learning, deep learning, speech, and voice biometrics
- Create solutions to detect voice presentation attacks, identify replayed recordings, & prevent fraud
- Write product code to run on servers and smartphones
- Apply your expertise in speech research, telephony audio, & voice biometrics.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Passionate about AI and voice telephony algorithms.
- Experience in developing & training complex state-of-the-art algorithms.
- Strong machine learning and signal processing background applied to speech technology.
- Proven experience with machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch
- Working knowledge of speech libraries & toolkits, including Kaldi and other open-source
- Ideally, have commercial experience with voice fraud detection, voice biometrics, speech recognition, and speech processing.
- Proficiency in C++ & Python
- A quick learner with strong mathematical aptitude
At Daon, we know that ability comes in different shapes. We value passion, dedication, and a willingness to learn. Please consider applying if your experience is close to what we are looking for, as we believe that diversity is a fundamental strength.
Ph.D. or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, a Math's related field, or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Professional attitude and appearance
An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment to create a very balanced work/life schedule for you and your family