Data Analyst II (Hybrid) 2023- 1313 Location:
Bethesda, Maryland, United States Department Name:
Analytics Job Type:
Full Time Description:
Overview - Data Analyst II
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to provide our high-profile customer data and analytics to help guide important decisions? Are you a problem solver who enjoys helping customers achieve their business goals? If so, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you. MCA is looking for a Data Analyst II
who enjoys presenting data to clients, creating meaningful and effective reports and data visualizations, and partnering with customers to answer key business questions.
As a Data Analyst II
located in Bethesda,
you will enhance value to customers by leveraging advanced analytics (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive) and strong presentation skills to communicate program value and actionable insights. The Data Analyst II supports internal and external customers by utilizing both in-house and third-party data sources, as well as optimizing reporting processes and communication between the various stakeholders. Additionally, Data Analyst II supports high-profile projects in order to develop and implement new analytical tools or methodologies. Through successful execution of duties and responsibilities, as supported by knowledge and skills, the Data Analyst II acts as a subject matter expert (SME) on data, trends, and outcomes associated with healthcare and MCA programs and clients for both internal and external customers. Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce, document, and present ad-hoc or standard (weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports with accompanying visualizations and analyses to internal and external customers, with an ability to use lay terminology to communicate performance results and trends.
- Create reports (standard, ad-hoc, etc.) and visualizations from various data sources by querying database repositories/software and leveraging analytical tools: SSMS/VBA, Power BI, Excel, Access, and database user interface.
- Leverage Power BI to develop and improve dashboards/reports incorporating both statistics and visualizations.
- Support internal and external customers by combining both in-house and third-party data sources, as well as industry benchmarks and best practices, into actionable insights.
- Collaborate with clients, account/project managers, data analysts, and other MCA stakeholders to demonstrate program outcomes and articulate strategic recommendations to address client challenges.
- Supports data integrity, ensures reporting accuracy, and enables the optimization of reporting processes.
- Participates in and supports the organization's quality programs and the underlying tools/protocols that support them.
- Test prototype software and participate in the approval and release process for new software.
- Collaborate with technical staff to optimize/standardize data ingest, database tools, and reporting software.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and maintain data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Supports the documentation of processes in the form of Work Instructions or SOPs.
- Answer technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members.
- Provide peer-review and quality reviews of analytic tools & reporting created or modified by other members of the Analytics group.
- BA or BS degree required:
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in a Related Field (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar).
- Preferred: Master's degree in a data or healthcare-related field from an accredited college or university.
Other Skills and Abilities, Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant analytics experience
- Minimum of 3 years of healthcare management including but not limited to, Health Plans, Insurance Industry, Medical Case Management and Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM)
- Preferred: Experience in Workers' Compensation
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in communicating, summarizing, and/or presenting complex analytics findings to stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using and applying analytical software, database reporting software, database user interface, query software, and data mining software, in support of both report production/development and data validation
- Experience using industry-standard data visualization tools, BI tools, and dashboards incorporating both statistics and visualizations
- Experience working with both in-house and third-party data
- Experience working with project management and agile methodologies
- Expertise using all MS Office Suite tools
Required Software Expertise:
- Preferred Advanced: MS Excel
- Intermediate: SQL, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Beginner (Preferred Intermediate): PowerBI, MS Access
Additional Software Expertise:
- Beginner: MS VBA, Tableau, SSMS, R, Python
- US Citizen
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, and incentive compensation, MCA offers participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with a company match. You will also be eligible for participation in our tuition reimbursement program and many other benefits. If you would like to contribute to our important mission and work collegially in a professional organization that values intelligence, integrity, and initiative, consider a career with MCA.
Managed Care Advisors, Inc. (MCA),
a fully owned subsidiary of Sedgwick, is a Bethesda, Maryland-based government contracting firm and leading provider of workers' compensation and specialty health plan products and services to the U.S. federal government and private industry customers nationwide and across all US Territories. We are looking for candidates with a desire to make a difference! To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, and complete the application.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a financial and criminal background check and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of the employee upon hire.
Search Firm Representatives
Please be advised that MCA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to MCA. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MCA without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of MCA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by MCA.
MCA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact MCA regarding accommodations. MCA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person's relatives, friends or associates.
MCA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
MCA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans. About Sedgwick: About Sedgwick
Sedgwick Government Solutions is a fully owned subsidiary of Sedgwick. Sedgwick is a leading global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits, and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. The company provides a broad range of resources tailored to client's specific needs in casualty, property, marine, benefits, and other lines. At Sedgwick, caring counts; through the dedication and expertise of more than 27,000 colleagues across 65 countries, the company takes care of people and organizations by mitigating and reducing risks and losses, promoting health and productivity, protecting brand reputations, and containing costs that can impact the bottom line. www.sedgwick.com