Maxar Technologies is on a transformative journey to leverage our significant data assets toward making better business decisions, faster, and more confidently. The Data Driven Maxar initiative team is looking for data engineers to help build the technical architecture that underpins this vision. We are looking for data engineers to work alongside the Data Intelligence team to c ollect data from a variety of interesting sources and build automated data flows that unlock actionable business insights. We are passionate about working with big data sets and cloud-based tools and are looking for like minds. As a team we are collaborative, supportive, dedicated, and come with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come join us and help guide Maxar and improve our collective understanding of our planet.
- Data Integration : collect, store, and aggregate data to support the creation of great data products for the business and our customers
- Data Access : build data APIs, access controls, data catalogs and metadata structures to support enterprise-scale data discovery and sharing.
- Data Quality : Validate data and maintain healthy infrastructure and data flows
- Thought Leadership : contribute best practices and innovation leadership toward realizing Maxar’s data maturity goals. Continually learn and seek ways to improve our data flows.
- Team Engagement : Collaborate well in a team environment (we use agile). Be creative and cooperative in designing and building data pipelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- Experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- 2 years of experience with Python, SQL, AWS (S3, EC2)
- Data visualization or reporting experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Cloud based infrastructure and applications (we use AWS and maintain our own Kubernetes clusters)
- ETL tools
- Building or improving APIs
- Collecting data from a variety of sources (APIs, Postgres, Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, messaging architectures, etc)
- Thoughtfully storing data in databases (especially Postgres) to support data products and reporting
- Big data pipelines using Spark or streaming tools
Any experience with or willingness to learn…
- Working with geospatial data
- Additional coding languages, especially JVM languages or Bash
- Any of these or similar tools (Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Tableau, Mapbox, Airflow)
- Additional AWS tools (EFS, Lambda, RDS/Aurora, Glue, Athena)
MAXAR Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.