Our prestigious clients are looking for a proven Data Engineer who will provide technical leadership to a team of Data Engineers along with providing oversight to the products they develop.
As a Senior Data Engineer you are responsible for leading, managing and delivering all aspects of data development activities to meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
Alongside Data Engineers you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure, providing the foundations for data needs. This will include developing, constructing, maintenance and testing of architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems, implementing data flows to connect operational systems, and writing and executing ETL scripts and codes
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are responsible for leading the development of accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and build, and are in a position to effect changes to those products where necessary.
As a Senior Data Engineer you support continuous improvement of standards and provide leadership to develop Associate Data Engineers, providing technical guidance alongside other data engineering functions for customers:
- Translate business requirements to ensure they are clear and robust, and can be transformed into reusable production ready code and / or effective data models;
- Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products;
- Support Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services;
- Shape solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development lifecycle;
- Perform data profiling and quality measurements;
- Designing and developing reusable metadata libraries;
- Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products;
- Identifying, managing and resolving issues preventing the delivery or continuous development of products; and
- Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
Priority Technical Skills required:
- Collaborates with others when necessary to review specifications and uses these agreed standards and tools to design, code, test, correct and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
- Has a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in their role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape.
- Understands the limitations of digital technology.
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on shared objectives.
- Challenge assumptions while being willing to compromise if beneficial to progress.
- Build strong interpersonal relationships and show genuine care for colleagues.
- Ensure consideration and support for the wellbeing of yourself and individuals throughout the team.
- Understand the varying needs of the team to ensure they are supported and their experiences are utilised.
- Create an inclusive working environment where all opinions and challenges are taken into account and bullying, harassment and discrimination are unacceptable.
- Remain available and approachable to all colleagues and be receptive to new ideas. (Level 4)
- Clarify your own understanding and stakeholder needs and expectations, before making decisions.
- Ensure decision making happens at the right level, not allowing unnecessary bureaucracy to hinder delivery.
- Encourage both innovative suggestions and challenge from others, to inform decision making.
- Analyse and accurately interpret data from various sources to support decisions.
- Find the best option by identifying positives, negatives, risks and implications.
- Present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of complex and sometimes incomplete evidence.
- Make decisions confidently even when details are unclear or if they prove to be unpopular.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Proficiency in ETL methodologies
- Knowledge of UNIX OS and Hadoop/HDFS/HIVE environment
- Proficiency in Python and Spark
- Practical experience of working with JSON
- Experience in AWS cloud technologies
Interviews will be held next week, please apply immediately or call Bangura Solutions to discuss this contract role further.