Job Title: AVP - Data Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The role is that of Data Analyst, AVP for the teams working on preventing and resolving fraud in various customer interaction with products of Barclays. This role will be part of the Data Analysis function within the Fraud Data Platforms team, responsible for the analysis of Fraud Data demands, contributing to solution design and capturing requirements for resolution of a complex set of flows; alongside accountability for alignment to governance (GDMS, LCP) and provisioning of core data management principles.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the Product Owner, Lead Data Analyst and business SME’s to develop high level design docs, process flows etc into detailed technical requirements. (anything that takes epics and clarifies what is to be delivered and summarises the business requirements)
- Use this understanding of HLD to define Data Requirements to enable engagement with engineers and development teams
- Create & maintain Data Dictionaries, Metadata, Data Lineage, API Catalogues and interface inventories in line with standard Data management artefacts across Fraud tech
- Technical Analysis of Data migration projects to cover database & table level details, reconciliation, SAS process migrations etc
- Provide recommendations for data improvement, quality and efficiency of data
- Work with large datasets on data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation
- Provide ongoing support through analysis & build phase
- Understand, document and implement Barclays Data Management Standards (GDMS)
- Support daily stand ups, retrospectives, showcases etc. where required with the rest of the sprint team
- Understand and comply with the requirements of Barclays Agile Change Lifecycle and Group-mandated business change methods, standards and tools
- Contribute to continuous improvement into existing product, and ways of working
- Support and guide product owner in the software development lifecycle that results in faster, better and cheaper products/platforms
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience with SAS software, performing ad-hoc analysis and BAU reporting.
- At least 2 years in data analysis or data focussed Tech BA role
- Strong communications skills – ability to speak on both technical and business terms
- Familiar with data platform capabilities like data ingestion (ETL vs CDC), data lake, data warehouse, data marts, data science
- Strong understanding and ability to write to small to medium complexity SQL queries
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance, and the ability to work and shape abstract situations.
- Be flexible and adaptable to any changes in scope and role.
- May have to overlap with US, UK and India time zones on a need basis.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- SAS Certified Base and/or Advanced Programmer and/or certifications
- 3-year hands-on experience in approaches and tools for data streaming, ETL, data quality, data reconciliation, data processing, data warehousing preferably on AWS.
- Experience in batch and real-time warehousing
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior business stakeholders developing understanding and getting buy-in for data governance. Experience working in large matrix organizations.
- Banking and financial services exposure specifically fraud detection
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.