Clark Associates, a distinguished leader in the foodservice equipment and supplies industry, is seeking a dedicated and visionary individual to join our Augmented Inventory Management (AIM) team. As the foremost and rapidly expanding foodservice equipment and supplies dealer in the USA, we leverage a network of over 20 strategically positioned national distribution centers to promptly deliver an extensive catalog of 70,000+ products to our valued customers within an efficient 1-2 business day timeframe.Role Overview:
As a member of our Augmented Inventory Management team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of inventory management within our dynamic organization. This team, composed of highly analytical professionals, is at the forefront of employing cutting-edge techniques to streamline decision-making processes, enhance accuracy, and achieve remarkable scalability through the integration of machine learning technologies.Responsibilities:
- Model Development: Create advanced statistical and machine learning models that optimize inventory management processes, fostering efficient allocation and utilization of resources.
- Collaboration: Interface with stakeholders in procurement and operations to devise systematic solutions for intricate inventory management challenges.
- Continuous Enhancement: Research and implement enhancements to existing models, keeping abreast of emerging methodologies in the field.
- Actionable Insights: Extract meaningful insights from data and formulate actionable recommendations that tangibly bolster the company's financial performance.
- Solution Validation: Implement robust monitoring mechanisms to validate the efficacy of deployed solutions.
- Experience: Over 3 years of practical experience using SQL and statistical/machine learning programming (Python preferred, R and Matlab accepted).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in data science, statistics, or a closely related quantitative field; alternatively, over 4 years of experience with a data, research, or applied science team.
- Adaptability: Demonstrated ability to swiftly acclimate to evolving environments, rapidly learn new skills, and apply them to intricate problem-solving scenarios.
Remote Work Qualifications
- Supply Chain Expertise: Familiarity with supply chain and warehouse stock optimization practices.
- Forecasting Acumen: Exposure to time series forecasting models.
- Reporting Proficiency: Experience with reporting tools like Power BI and Excel for sharing results.
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical processes for non-technical audiences.
- Advanced Education: Master's degree in data science, statistics, operations research, or a closely related highly quantitative field
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.