Position DetailsRecruitment/Posting Title
Data AnalystJob Category
Staff & Executive - Research (Laboratory/Non-Laboratory)Department
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state including New Brunswick, Piscataway, Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Blackwood, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.Posting Summary
Rutgers University Biostatistics & Epidemiology Services (RUBIES) at the School of Public Health is seeking a motivated Data Analyst with strong quantitative skills to support research studies in terms of data management, data analysis, and general statistical consulting.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Consults with clients on study design for both experimental and observational studies.
- Assists clients with statistical aspects of IRB applications.
- Prepares datasets and provides supporting documentation for statistical analysis.
- Develops appropriate statistical models to analyze research data, while managing and maintaining datasets.
- Interacts with senior and junior investigators to analyze study data for technical reports, journal articles, and conference presentations. This may include writing and contributing to publications.
- Contributes towards manuscripts for publication in scientific journals, including writing clear and concise statistical methodology sections and summarizing results in text, tables, and figures.
- Assists the RUBIES manager in tracking requests and estimating hours required to complete analyses for clients.
Full TimeHours Per WeekDaily Work Shift
PS26SAnnual Minimum Salary
65994.000Annual Mid Range Salary
79294.000Annual Maximum Salary
HPAE, Local 5094Payroll Designation
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overviewSeniority UnitTerms of Appointment
Staff - 12 monthPosition Pension Eligibility
ABPMinimum Education and Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology or related field.
- One (1) year of experience in academia, government, or industry in the area of design and analysis of projects.
- Experience with basic MS Office software, data analysis software including SAS, SPSS, R, etc.
- Strong quantitative skills. Excellent written and interpersonal communication is essential. Motivated self-starter.
- Experience with REDCap, GIS spatial analysis, and large databases is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with completing demands from multiple investigators.
- Outstanding human relations skills, and the ability to function in a team environment are required.
Equipment UtilizedPhysical Demands and Work Environment
- Knowledge of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Must be able to lift or exert force up to 25 pounds.
- May require some travel between campuses to meet with investigators and coordinate activities.
20ST0982Posting Open DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsRegional Campus
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)Home Location Campus
Newark (RBHS)Location Details
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology or related field?
- * Do you have one (1) year of experience in academia, government, or industry in the area of design and analysis of projects?
- * Do you have experience with basic MS Office software, data analysis software including SAS, SPSS, R?
Applicant DocumentsRequired DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application