Data Science lies at the heart of Tenable’s strategy and we’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team in Dublin. We’re a group of full stack data scientists, focused on building data products to solve some of the hardest problems in cybersecurity. We’re looking for creative, business focused individuals with a passion for generating value from large, complex data sets. So if you are interested in doing impactful work in a fast-paced environment, then look no further than Tenable.
Work cross-functionally with engineers, product managers and researchers to develop data-driven products
- Prototype, develop, and maintain state of the art algorithms to power our product portfolio
- Utilise bleeding edge Big Data technologies (Spark, AWS Glue, AWS Sagemaker,..) to process and mine massive data sets
- Drive innovation by contributing new ideas for our data, processes, tools, and technologies
- Coach and mentor mid-level and junior staff
- Get involved in all stages of building data products from research to development of the overall solution and work with the product management team to help shape the roadmap for what you build.
What you’ll need:
5+ years experience working as a data scientist or similar, including experience with leading projects
- Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative field
- Deep understanding of machine learning and statistics
- Fluent in Python
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark
- Hands-on experience working with cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- Proficiency in one or more data visualisation tools
- Exposure to workflow automation tools (e.g. Airflow) and testing data science models is a plus
- Experience coaching and leading mid-level and junior staff
- Experience working in an Agile team, and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively within and across product teams
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and to lead/drive projects as necessary
- The desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
- An interest in the information security space is a bonus
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels