1PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.As Senior Data Scientist, you participate in the operational activities involved in the planning, conduct, and completion of data science projects in the FMCNA enterprise.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Conducts advanced data analysis and complex designs algorithm.
- Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes
- Identifies and analyzes patterns in the volume of data supporting the initiative, the type of data (e.g., images, text, clickstream or metering data) and the speed or sudden variations in data collection.
- Partners with the data stewards to define the data quality expectation in the context of the specific use case.
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Develop ideas into original research projects which can significantly improve clinical practice
- Develop product and process improvement into an intellectual property format.
- Analyze all data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods, resolve data discrepancies, draw conclusions, and provide/implement process or documents improvements.
- Contribute to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals. Make recommendations, and when appropriate, acts independently to resolve scientific problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve productivity of results. Ensure activities are consistent with project critical path, and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Present findings at international conferences and locally at group and departmental meetings.
- Keep informed of trends and developments in area of scientific responsibility and improve competence by participating in educational activities.
- Ability to work on issues that impact or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Ability to network with key decision makers.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION:
Advanced Degree in epidemiology, public health, statistics, data analysis or similar preferred; or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent work experienceWorking knowledge in R, Python, SASEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- 3-5 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop or other big data frameworks, Java), and statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for interacting with physicians, nurses, management, and peers.
- Ability to clearly summarize methodology and key points of program/report in technical documentation/specifications is also required.
- Strong knowledge of outcomes research and analysis of health quality data.
- Ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision or the use of templates.
- Knowledge of clinical data and dialysis industry.