Data, Analytics & Strategy
Senior Data Scientist – Game Production | Shared Tech
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a dedicated and proactive Senior Data Scientist, interested in pushing the boundaries of dev ops analytics to make sure speedy technology updates can be done safely in all of our games.
You will work with establishing A/B testing for technology releases and building observability into our tooling offering. This role will work closely with varied team members in a fun, dynamic and fast-paced environment. You’ll possess the role of a domain specialist in product Data Science for our area, and be part of the community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts at King.
This role belongs to part of our Kingdom we call Shared Tech. The teams within Shared Tech act as internal B2B organisations across all the technology that we use to power our live games including data, machine learning, infrastructure, everything related to cloud, payments, game engines themselves and many more. The vision within Shared Tech is to provide a competitive technological advantage for our game teams to help them deliver an amazing player experience to our 350 million active live users each month. Shared Tech is the stage where King games love to perform!
You will be in our team called Game Production, bringing flow to other developers within King. We are a team of 100+ skilled, knowledgeable, and passionate people. We are the shepherds of Kings Game Engine and Unified SDK, used across more than 14 different King games including Candy Crush Saga with over a quarter of a billion mobile game players every month. We are cross-located in Stockholm, London, Barcelona and Berlin with a flexible hybrid working model.
- Design, monitor, analyse and communicate results for AB Tests.
- Be responsible defining and tracking business metrics for both player and internal developer experiences
- Translate business needs to technical experiment requirements, then work with development and business teams to ensure correct implementation, tracking and measurement.
- Become a point of contact for data interpretation and analytics within the department.
- Proactively develop new analyses that identify improvement areas with specific actions to test.
- Support leadership with an analytical perspective in discussions, priority definition and business decisions.
- Champion data literacy within Game Production and share your knowledge with the rest of the Data Craft and wider Data Science community.
Skills To Create Thrills
Specific factors that are advantageous to excel in this role include:
- Technical skills: You can extract, manipulate and visualize data and you have advanced understanding of applied statistics (probability, causality and time series). You make intensive usage of SQL, cloud services and the Python/R analytical stack.
- Business Insight: You have the ability to understand the problems and issues our teams want to solve. You know how to define the right data, KPIs, analyses or interpretations leading to the right recommendations.
- Communication: You’re comfortable designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analyses so they are clear and unambiguous to technical and non-technical team members.
Other experience that might be helpful, includes:
- Knowledge of Looker
- Experience with Support methodologies and tools, such as Zendesk.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in the games industry, customer service or similarly customer-facing digital businesses.
- Experience in Predictive Analytics, Segmentation, and Randomized Controlled Trials.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com