Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- As part of Jumia Finance Systems, Operations and Intelligence Team, you’ll lead the design and implementation of our reporting and data analysis tools;
- Develop automated and scalable reporting solutions to translate ambiguous business requirements and complex analyses into actionable insight for both business and finance leaders;
- Work with various stakeholders across the Group - from the Finance, Tech, Commercial and Operations Departments – to understand their reporting requirements and key business performance indicators;
- Design and build supporting data models for recurring reports, as well as for ad-hoc requests;
- Create dashboards, using our data reporting platform, to share relevant insights with your users, in a clear and effortless way.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with “Big Data”;
- Well-versed with data visualization and building dashboards, e.g. PowerBI, Tableau or similar;
- Familiar with data modeling and database schema design;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Hands-on attitude, because e-commerce is 50% operations and processes;
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills;
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field;
- Ideally a double IT/Business degree;
- 3-5 years of industry experience in a Business Intelligence role;
- Experience or familiarity with the startup ecosystem, including dynamic of startups, accelerators, venture firms and more.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.