SHIFT: Day Job
ZipDrug is a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, and delivers on our mission to provide greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Work Location: Any Anthem location throughout the United States or can be remote
Responsible for the delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on complex technology systems within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Development on medium to large complex customer technology platforms or architectures.
- Maintains active relationships with internal and/or external stakeholder to develop business requirements.
- Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible system code enhancements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our products and infrastructure.
- Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Understands the product and analytics and drive requirements that take into account stakeholders needs.
- Identifies problems/risks. Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Reviews test cases and advises QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
- Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training and 3+ years experience on one platform, multi database, multi language or multi business application, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- Advanced SQL knowledge preferred
- Object oriented programming/scripting languages using Python preferred
- Experience working with Airflow, Python, PySpark, Docker ETL Processes/Data Pipelines preferred
- Experience working with Snowflake, Dbt Data Warehouses preferred
- Experience with data stream-processing systems preferred
- Experience working with Postgres relational databases preferred
- Looker reporting models experience preferred
- AWS cloud technologies experience preferred
- Agile development methodologies preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.