Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doingPOSITION SUMMARY:
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist with a strong background in statistical computer languages (R or Python or SAS or SQL or Spark etc.) to manipulate data and interpret insights from big data sets, great understanding of machine learning techniques and Deep Learning in our Data Science group. Under the general direction of the Director, Business Informatics, this position will be responsible for providing innovative solutions and developing/driving strategic modeling initiatives while maintaining a close partnership with Data engineers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and business stakeholders, to ensure that our models can be deployed quickly and monitored in the deployment framework.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and development of robust algorithms and techniques using machine learning techniques like clustering, decision trees, Random Forest, Logistic, regression, Linear regression, Gradient boosted trees, naïve bayes, classifier along with some text analytics, Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Assist in the development of sales and clinical analytic platforms through quantitative data analysis, documentation, and communication for new and existing internal and external business opportunities.
- Communicate and engage internal clients to develop a strong understanding of their data, analytical and reporting needs.
- Conceptualize, design and develop analytics models in addressing complex business problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities that are of value to internal and external business stakeholders, typically using a hypothesis-driven approach.
- Improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging analytic methods, processes, products and services, and employ sound judgment in determining how innovations will be deployed to produce a return on investment
- Use traditional and sophisticated analytical and statistical methods, metrics, tools and reporting to help organize data and information to achieve business and corporate objectives in areas such as contract management, customer relationship management, sales management, product utilization, customer segmentation, and targeting, etc.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires training in fields such as engineering, statistics, mathematics, biomedical science, economics or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with experience in statistical modeling is preferred. Proficient with Excel, Python/R and SAS preferred. Requires a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years’ experience as a Data Scientist with job duties like above, ideally for projects associated with custom analytics and/or custom reporting/metrics development.MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and modeling skills to evaluate business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Proficient in SAS or Python or R data analytics tools as well as Microsoft SQL query tools. Familiarity BI tools like PowerBI is plus.
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses and builds analytic models.
- At least 1-year experience implementing deep learning models using Databricks, H20.ai or other similar packages is strongly preferred. 1 + years’ experience working on EMR (Electronic Medical Records) preferred.
- Deep knowledge of healthcare informatics and/or information management
- Conducts data analysis and designs and develops moderately complex analytic algorithms.
- Validates analysis by comparing appropriate samples.
- Employs the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns.
- Experience with state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning algorithms, including deep neural networks, NLP, dimensionality reduction, ensemble methods, graph algorithms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- The visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- The Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-CarrolltonPlano Pkwy 5025 Plano Parkway Carrollton 75010OrganizationIntrinsiQJobInformation Technology JobsScheduleFull-timeEqual Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran