TMDA partners with Fortune 1000 companies in their talent solutions and Human Resources advisory needs. We provide a consultative approach in partnering with our clients and members of their team. Our Talent Solutions group serve as an extension of the clients; thereby providing compliant growth at a scalable and sustainable rate.
The Data Scientist II will work with our William Blair client.
William Blair is a premier global boutique organization with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
The Information Technology team has the mission of becoming a true business partner and we are searching for a Data Scientist to help execute on this mission. The Data Scientist will use data analysis to understand customer profiles, produce reports to track our business, build models to provide insight into the our business and customer base, identify opportunities, and impact the strategy of business to drive growth and achieve productivity gains. Ideal candidates love breaking down problems, building solutions, delivering actionable and data-driven insights, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.Responsibilities:
- Analyze structured and unstructured data to understand how our customers interact with our product and service offerings
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the experience of businesses users and end clients that can become a value driver
- Perform the design, analysis, and interpretation of projects from data requirement gathering to data processing, modeling, and recommendations
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities requiring the use of modern analytical and modeling techniques
- Design and execute experiments (e.g., A/B testing, multi-armed bandit)
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to business leads and influence strategic decision-making
- Frequently switch between on-the-ground tactical execution and high-level strategy view
- 2+ years of experience in a data science capacity in a business strategy, marketing, finance, engineering, or analytics organization
- Experience with data querying and manipulation using SQL, Python, or R
- Experience with experimental design
- Experience with data analysis and statistical modeling using the Python or R ecosystems, with packages such as pandas, statsmodels, scikit-learn, tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
- Experience working with various machine learning / deep learning algorithms and frameworks
- Experience with data discovery and visualization tools
- Communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to initiate and drive projects with minimal oversight and guidance
- Proven track record of leveraging data to deliver business value and present data-driven insights to business audiences
- Experience building cross functional relationships across a variety of functions to launch projects to drive business value
- Experience communicating with and influencing technical and non-technical audiences (engineers, data scientists, program managers, bankers, financial advisors)
- Experience developing data pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL framework
- Experience shipping code into production
- Experience writing testable code
- Comfortable using version control tools such as git or mercurial
- Experience with cloud technology stack like Azure, AWS
- Text Mining, NLP and Social Network Analysis
No clearance is required.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Masters in a quantitative discipline like Data Science, Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent training (GitHub Portfolio)
This position will involve no travel
TMDA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.