Summary of Major Responsibilities:
The Data Engineer II provides technical expertise, enables data analysis, and is an expert of the data generated by business systems. They will contribute to meaningful, effective, and performant data visualizations and reports, and analyze, troubleshoot and tune performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise in data management, analysis, and visualizations.
- Partner with analysts and other users of data.
- Develop and share knowledge of advanced reporting, analytics, and dashboarding tools, including Tableau.
- Develop and automate data pipelines.
- Clean and prep data.
- Debug data issues in dashboards, reports, data warehouses, operational data stores, and other disparate data sources.
- Improve monitoring, automated testing, and deployments.
- Be a resource for providing insight, recommendations, and assistance with technical and non-technical questions.
- Monitor and recommend enhancements to the technical architecture to keep pace with changing business demands and scale.
- Stay informed of technology industry trends and solutions with ability to analyze for possible application in our environment.
- Work with Information Technology management and staff to develop and maintain standards, processes, and documentation.
- Promote the role and capabilities of IT to enhance the professional development of all staff through example, recommendation, and accommodation.
- Work independently with little oversight and direction.
- Special projects as business needs require.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in data and/or software engineering or related field.
- 1+ year experience querying disparate data sources, such as relational structures, OLTP systems, and dimensional data models.
- 1+ year experience working with SQL for data exploration, debugging, and performant data access.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications including Excel, and Word.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience designing and developing reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Experience with Python, AWS, Snowflake, Microsoft EDW/BI/OLAP technologies (e.g. SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS), or ETL.
- Experience developing dashboards and reports on data from sales, call center, and custom software applications.
- Experience with Tableau, ideally including performance optimization.
- Experience as an Epic BI Developer (BID).
EEO Disclosure:We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.