Lead Data Engineer
: Amsterdam, Netherlands (Hybrid)
A Little Bit About Us
We are not your traditional boutique consultancy; we work with a large community of highly qualified independent and freelance professionals in addition to a team of core team consultants to solve our clients' toughest digital and technology challenges. We were launched in Amsterdam in 2018 and have since then experienced exponential growth, expanding internationally. Since our expansion, our entrepreneurial spirit has driven us to establish the foundation of our business model on three pillars; Riverflex Consulting
, Riverflex Community
, and Splash!
Growth and development with Riverflex
At Riverflex, creating an environment where the growth and progression of our team members flourishes is our highest priority. In addition to on-the-job coaching, we offer periodic trainings on various topics across the consulting landscape and support new starters with a development plan to excel in their career.
For more information and details about us, check out our website https://www.riverflex.com.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineering and Architecture to join our dynamic team in Amsterdam. As Lead Data Engineering you will co-develop Riverflex’s vision on data architecture and engineering and support our clients in developing robust and future-proof data ecosystems. A successful lead will be a recognized authority on building highly scalable data solutions and platforms and will inspire both clients and data colleagues to generate more added value from data. Are you looking for a position to further develop and implement your vision on data engineering and architecture? Then this may be the role for you!
What You Will Do As Lead Data Engineer
- Take the lead in further developing Riverflex's value proposition, standards & best practices in Data engineering and developing data platforms
- Be the go-to person for discussing and exploring new data architecture concepts such as Data Mesh and Data Fabric
- Engage with key client stakeholders to envision the desired or target state of data operations and then guiding the execution of data operations to reach the vision
- Design client data architectures that are pragmatic, robust, and future proof
- Develop blueprints and accelerators for deploying robust data and machine learning pipelines at our clients
- Lead and oversee data project delivery at clientsWork together with Data Science colleagues to design and deploy robust data architectures that enable efficient and effective analytics
What You Need To Succeed
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer and/or Data Architect
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to present complex technical concepts and connect these to business drivers
- Experienced in (object-oriented) programming languages & packages (e.g. Python, Java, SQL, PySpark) and solid understanding of software engineering principles
- Experience building and optimizing analytical data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experienced in DevOps/DataOps, GIT, CI/CD and proficient with software & data versioning
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (Data Factory and/or Synapse, Databricks, SQL, Data Lake Storage, Event Hubs, and big plus for Azure Machine Learning & Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ stores
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience in leading and building teams
- Experience in consulting and/or Agile-Scrum is a plus
- Business level English is required
- Eligibility to work in the Netherlands
What We Offer
- We offer you an exceptional experience of working for a fast-growing start-up, with a fun, dynamic, and stable international environment
- One-of-a-kind opportunity to work in an open-talent network ecosystem with top industry specialists and consultants
- You will have the opportunity to work on projects for our clients across all our international markets
- A dynamic growth culture that values autonomy and gives space for team members to take initiative, experiment, and be creative, as well as offering opportunities to grow fast
- An experienced management team. They are ambitious, diverse, and innovative while bringing a professional approach from their previous experience as partners at big 4 firms
- Competitive salary and practical benefits such as flexible working arrangements - you are free to work from home or at our office space located in a start-up hub in the heart of Amsterdam
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition, or disability.
Great to hear you’d like to join us! We look forward to receiving your application!