Overview:By Light is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to join our team. This position supports the Defensive Intelligence Agency in the DC Metro Area.Responsibilities:
- Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures.
- Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases visualized through multi-dimensional interfaces.
- Handle processing and index requests against high-volume collections of data and high-velocity data streams.
- Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data.
- Bachelor's degree plus 10-12 years of related experience; Master's degree plus 6-8 years of related experience; PhD plus 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with statistical programming languages and packages including R, SAS, SPSS, etc. preferred
- Knowledge of database tools and current data science processes are preferred
- DoD IAT Level II certification preferred
Special Requirements/Security Clearance:
- Top Secret Clearance required