Talentify helps candidates around the world to discover and stay focused on the jobs they want until they can complete a full application in the hiring company career page/ATS.
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION ?
You've worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Specialist Data Engineer (US Remote)
What You Will Do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will drive innovation for the Digital, Technology, and Innovation organization. You will be an integral member of a cross-functional Agile Product Team that will implement and own ground breaking ETL and Data Analytics solutions supporting Finance professionals in Amgen's Global Commercial Operations. There is no more challenging data environment than Life Sciences due to the integration of scientific research, manufacturing, logistics of pharmaceutical products. Expect to make a difference in providing patients with products that meet their medical needs in a competitive landscape!
- Define and approve data engineering design patterns to be used for general re-use on multiple implementations
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME's, and other members of the product team to craft data products and services.
- Build integration pipelines to perform data transformations, metadata extraction, workload management and automated error processing.
- Implement standardized, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data and reporting
- Drive the exploration and adoption of new tools, and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline
- Contribute towards build of framework for data analytics and AI/ML processing
- Integrate financial data platform with the Data Scientist workbench, the Data Marketplace, and Analytic Tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, R, etc.
- Act as a product manager for the financial data platform backlog
- Act as a run manager, provide Run/DevOps support
What We Expect Of You
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Engineering professional will have these qualifications.
Master's degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Experience with AWS technologies such as S3, Redshift, Spectrum, EMR, Spark, Athena etc.
- Hands-on development experience with cloud Data technologies such as Databricks, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Kafka
- Strong SQL skills with an understanding of RDBMS, MPP, and HDFS databases and Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries
- Hands-on experience in architecting analytics and BI solutions using at-least two of the following technologies - Tableau (preferred), Spotfire, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects
- Has led the end-to-end delivery of large-scale/complex BI projects in Cloud/AWS environment
- Experience with Anaplan APIs and supporting Anaplan solutions a plus
- Working knowledge of data modeling principles and tuning of relational as well as NoSQL datastores (Oracle, Red-shift, Impala, HDFS/Hive, Snowflakes, Athena, etc.)
- 5 plus years of experience working with agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps
What You Can Expect Of Us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $110,460-$140,610 USD
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other