PlaceSense, the leading location intelligence provider in Europe, is actively seeking a proficient Data Engineer to bolster our esteemed team of R&D professionals. With a significant presence across Europe and backed by several financial rounds from top-tier European VC firms, including Zero Gravity Capital, EON, and Nielsen, we are entering an exhilarating phase of growth. Our team specializes in converting big data from mobile apps into aggregated, anonymized insights, showcasing the intricate link between individuals' behavior and physical locations.
As our Data Engineer, your contribution will be pivotal to our research, analysis, and development activities. You will be a key figure within the company, playing an instrumental role in refining our advanced location intelligence platforms.Tasks
- Master the diverse data sets within the company, understanding their value to our clients. Continuously enhance these datasets, ensuring flexibility, security, scalability, and high performance.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders throughout the company to gather and interpret business requirements into data analysis tasks and processes.
- Undertake research, analysis, and development assignments on our expanding data sets.
- Oversee and optimize our data warehouse, supporting both existing and future functionalities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years of experience in designing and creating modern data warehouses, with a particular emphasis on analytics and processing performance.
- 1+ years of experience with Google’s cloud platform, especially with BigQuery, Looker Studio, and App Engine.
- In-depth expertise and hands-on experience in Python, SQL, and BI platforms.
- Very high-level English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A proactive approach, with the ability to work independently, learn quickly, and demonstrate team spirit.
- Familiarity with geo-spatial data and methodologies.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
- Innovative Work Environment: Be at the forefront of leveraging state-of-the-art technology and data science techniques to shape the future of location-based intelligence.
- Collaborative Culture: We foster an inclusive environment where every opinion is valued. Join a diverse team rich in experience, perspectives, and backgrounds.
- Professional Growth: We prioritize your career advancement, offering various learning opportunities, such as workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Flexibility: Recognizing the importance of a balanced work-life, we provide options like remote work and part-time positions.
- Competitive Compensation: Our compensation range for this position is between €3,500 - €5,000, depending on qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
- Direct Impact: Your efforts have tangible results, aiding businesses in making informed choices by giving them profound insights into people's behavior in relation to physical locations.
With our strategic partnerships and recent funding rounds, our footprint in Europe continues to expand. It's an opportune moment to be part of our rapidly growing team in this domain.
Our recruitment process is efficient and respects your time. It comprises a discussion with our CTO, an evaluation test, a conversation with our CEO, reference validations, culminating in the final hiring decision. We aim to complete this process within a span of 10 days.
If you're enthusiastic about playing a vital role in an evolving industry and are eager to be a part of our journey in the European tech landscape, we eagerly await your application. Embrace this chance to revolutionize how businesses comprehend physical spaces and be a significant player in our thrilling journey.