To join our small team in its growth phase with venture funding and a global customer base. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits, family-friendly flexible working time, and home working. We have developed a relaxed, collaborative, supportive, and high performance culture that values employee health and well-being. We are a SaaS provider of rich video and speech data capture and analytics within the workflows of large field workforces (field engineers, field service, auditing, reporting, health-and-safety, sales, etc). Our customers are typically large multinationals: utilities, telecoms, manufacturing, facilities management etc.
Mobile and Web apps are used to capture/manipulate/view structured multimedia data. This data is stored, analysed and labelled on the AWS cloud. Various integrations push the analysis results into other systems such as field service management systems, CRM, etc. We use github, travis-ci, code-pipeline and cloudformation and a devops approach to achieve a high release cadence through our CD pipeline. We use Django rest framework and Postgresql to provide our primary REST API interface. Our web-app is built using react. AWS SQS queues are then used to distribute work to a variety of processing systems / microservices which use a combination of commodity analytics APIs (e.g. aws transcribe, google speech, aws rekognition) and bespoke AI algorithms and models (e.g. tensorflow) to provide advanced speech, image and video analytics. As you would expect our system also provides various collaboration, administration, management and security related features around the central video capture and analytics. We offer both shared and dedicated deployments of the software; by defining all of our infrastructure as code we are able to easily deploy dedicated copies of our entire system into dedicated VPCs for our large customers. Many of our customers have stringent security requirements around their video data.
This position is in London UK. We have a globally distributed team. The co-founders of the company are situated in UK and India. Our development team is split roughly evenly between London and in Delhi/Gurgaon.
What would you need to have
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Excellent Python and Software Engineering, 4+ years experience.
- Solid understanding of Linear algebra, Probability and Bayesian statistics.
- Production level experience in Computer vision and/or NLP tasks such as Object detection, segmentation, Part-of-speech tagging, Named-entity recognition, speech to text conversion etc.
- Fluent in machine learning and deep learning frameworks such as Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, OpenCV, spaCy etc.
- Keen interest in prototyping, experiments and hypothesis-driven thinking.
- Ability to explain and write complex concepts in simple language.
What is good to have
- Experience with workflow managers such as Airflow, MLFlow or Kubeflow.
- Some knowledge of data structures, data modelling and software architecture.
- Some experience with web API services and web standards (REST, SOAP, GraphQL etc.)
- Some exposure with AWS, Google or MS Azure ML infrastructure.
What will we do
- Analyze raw data for assessing quality, cleaning and structuring for downstream processing.
- Generate actionable insights for business/process improvements.
- Build and train supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning algorithms for real business problems.
- NLU/NLP and computer vision-based predictions and inference for specific B2B use cases.
- Model building, validation, verification.
- Hyperparameter tuning and deployment, where necessary.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to bring analytical prototypes to production.
- Participate in Challenges and hackathons as well as release and maintain open-source libraries.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits, tax efficient employee stock ownership plan scheme (ESOP) and private health coverage and related health benefits are available depending on location. We provide family-friendly flexible working time, for example to support school pickup/drop-offs, and home working. We have developed a relaxed, collaborative, supportive, and high performance culture. We value employee health and well-being, and offer the opportunity to apply and develop your skills productively on a novel product with cutting edge technology.
Our engineering organisation is distributed across multiple locations and timezones, so we use a variety of tools and processes to enable effective distributed working. Our organisation has employees with a wide variety of nationalities, experience levels and backgrounds. We encourage applications from women, returning mothers to work and other under-represented groups.